Has anyone used these yet?

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product-cat...s/xact-series/

R,
Target
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2020, 04:49 PM
SBSS, SVSS, SCCMAS, EBRC

No S.BUS

Without S.BUS support, I will stick to the similar XST servos. Maybe, if I eventually convert to ACCESS, I will reconsider them.

Don
Jul 24, 2020, 06:36 PM
Adam
I was excited for the 8g version until I found out it is HV only where the low end is only good starting from 4.8v. The 8g servo in a non-HV version would be great for DLG use where 1s lipo use is common. I would love to be able to get the current draw of the servos to notice things like hinges getting harder to move, binding, etc in flight, etc.

Anyone know if they will make a Xact HV5611 in a non-HV version where voltage can work down to 3.5v? A lot of servos claim 3.8v or so but actually work lower. This one claims 4.8v. I doubt it will be able to go down to 3.5v but it would be great to find out it does.

hv version... https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/xact-hv5611/
Jul 24, 2020, 08:46 PM
I have some of these and also Archer receivers. Very high quality servos. Hope to be able to implement F.Port 2.0. to finalize my conversion to ACCESS.

Mike
Jul 24, 2020, 10:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jet_Flyer
I have some of these and also Archer receivers. Very high quality servos. Hope to be able to implement F.Port 2.0. to finalize my conversion to ACCESS.

Mike
Good news that FrSky is back in the servo market with some good quality this time around. I wish they didn't drop the sbus, That's all I use for my wing to fuselage connection. Surprised that it's not the go-to method.
Jul 24, 2020, 10:37 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
For us old foggies, that don't care about ACCESS or SBus, these can be used with a normal pwm setup, right?
I'm looking for quality servos similar to KST digitals for my gliders and other planes.

Just trying to get a read on the quality of these servos.

And I agree with Xstatica, it is a shame that they don't seem to offer a 1S 5611, although that doesn't mean they won't ever. Perfect competitor for an X8....

Thanks,
Target
Jul 24, 2020, 10:57 PM
The email from HorusRC today caught my attention, too.

Like @mark426, I'm a convert to S.BUS for fuselage-wing wiring when more than 2 wing servos are involved. The 2S capability of the HV5611 is a plus, too, from my point of view.

F.PORT will be a leap for me. Looking forward to hearing reports of how it works out in practice.
Jul 24, 2020, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by target
For us old foggies, that don't care about ACCESS or SBus, these can be used with a normal pwm setup, right?
Specs page says yes.
https://www.frsky-rc.com/product/xact-hv5611/
Jul 25, 2020, 11:49 AM
Unfortunately the Fport connectivity appears to be via the microblade connector which isn't going to support servo current demands. So, if you are going to string a bunch of servos on Fport you are going to need to splice in the servo power somehow. I wonder if Frsky is going to address this with a Hub of some kind.
Jul 25, 2020, 01:05 PM
Quote:
Has anyone used these yet?

https://www.frsky-rc.com/product-cat...s/xact-series/

R,
Target

they appear fairly good specs with SBus capability

Also the F port transmitting through one line between radio and telemetry is awesome.
Jul 25, 2020, 02:50 PM
FJH
FJH
No SBus compatibility.

Basic FPort2 information with schematc connection options you find here => https://www.frsky-rc.com/f-port-2-0/
Last edited by FJH; Jul 25, 2020 at 02:56 PM.
Jul 26, 2020, 02:05 AM
Dash till Puff
Quote:
I'm looking for quality servos similar to KST digitals for my gliders and other planes.
the owner of Radiomaster is affiliated to KST.
I think some radical Frsky fanboys will not support KST from now on.
Jul 26, 2020, 04:06 PM
Detail Freak
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by coreless
the owner of Radiomaster is affiliated to KST.
I think some radical Frsky fanboys will not support KST from now on.
I just want good servos that are hardy, center perfectly, and can run on HV or LiFe 2S without burning up.
For the 8g size servos, running on 1S LiPo is what's needed.
I'm more interested in a @ 20-25g servo for the sailplane wings though right now.

R,
Target
Jul 26, 2020, 08:21 PM
FrSky-MKT
Quote:
And I agree with Xstatica, it is a shame that they don't seem to offer a 1S 5611, although that doesn't mean they won't ever. Perfect competitor for an X8....
The Xact servos are work-capable with 1s battery. Confirmed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don McCullough
Without S.BUS support, I will stick to the similar XST servos. Maybe, if I eventually convert to ACCESS, I will reconsider them.
Don
Have been adding the support of SBUS protocol. The servos also can be updated through the firmware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamdavey
Unfortunately the Fport connectivity appears to be via the microblade connector which isn't going to support servo current demands. So, if you are going to string a bunch of servos on Fport you are going to need to splice in the servo power somehow. I wonder if Frsky is going to address this with a Hub of some kind.
There will be an F.Port extender with 4/6/8 outputs for this demand. Also, some receivers with multi F.Ports are under planning.
Jul 26, 2020, 08:35 PM
That's all good news.

How about a version of the 5611 with tabs for vertical mounting?

Quick Reply