Jul 24, 2020, 04:06 PM
Thread OP
Gallery

Rojair Hawker Sea Fury - maiden flight.

Further to my original post of my build. Have managed to fly the Sea Fury. AUW 2 kilos, Flys very well !
to remove ads between posts
Jul 31, 2020, 01:58 PM
Your Sea Fury looks awesome !!!

Joe
Aug 04, 2020, 01:16 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 Mistakes High
Your Sea Fury looks awesome !!!

Joe
Hi Jo,
Sorry for my late reply,haven't been on the RCG for awhile. Thanks for your comment ! Have sent some photos of me doing a static test on the Fury before its maiden flight. I was worried about the AUW being 2 kilos but the the aircraft was originally built for I/C.
Aug 05, 2020, 04:56 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail
Further to my original post of my build. Have managed to fly the Sea Fury. AUW 2 kilos, Flys very well !
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me where did you get a Rojair model from ?????

I had two Rojair models back in the 80's

Spitfire Mk 21 / 24
FW190

I would LOVE to have a Rojair again .... they were better than the Cambria versions ..

My Spit had a SLEC variable pitch prop and Enya 35 ................ the FW190 had another Enya but plain 2 blader ...

Aug 05, 2020, 04:58 AM
Youtube channel : solentlifeuk
Quote:
Originally Posted by redtail
Hi Jo,
Sorry for my late reply,haven't been on the RCG for awhile. Thanks for your comment ! Have sent some photos of me doing a static test on the Fury before its maiden flight. I was worried about the AUW being 2 kilos but the the aircraft was originally built for I/C.
Yes .. the original specs were for 30 - 40 2str Glow .. with the 35 size being recc'd.

The foam and veneer work was very good and made for a relatively simple build.
Aug 13, 2020, 12:15 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife
Yes .. the original specs were for 30 - 40 2str Glow .. with the 35 size being recc'd.

The foam and veneer work was very good and made for a relatively simple build.
Hi Solentlife, sorry for my absence and my delayed reply. I found the the kit on EBay,always loved the Sea Fury ! I had never heard of Rojair,not much information on the net. According to my building planes,they also did a P51B. I think these kits are very rare now. Of course since this kit came out, brushless motors are available. My motor is a 600 equivalent. Though as powerful as an I/C, the brushless are so much lighter,consequently had to add 100 grams of weight to the nose and push the battery compartment right though the fire wall. Really hope you find a Rojair kit out there.

Quick Reply