This thread is privately moderated by GRW3, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 23, 2020, 11:32 PM
Modeling Retread
Thread OP
Discussion

Why Do A Build Log?

I find it very conversational. We donít really have the kind of LHSs we used to have where we good go hang out and exchange info with other builders. Sometimes there are two builders at the flying field but not so often. So, if you want to talk about what youíre building, a Build Log is an opportunity. Better than temporary social media, where info only passes tangentially with little chance of retrieval. OK to post a link.

I also find it great for remembering what I was planning. Life can just interfere with your building and a well documented Build Log can help you get going (voice of experience).

Itís also a good way to get help. You can post a link in a forum from which you want help and youíll probably get it.

There is no set form. Detailed or highlights. Straight through or meandering. Itís up to you.

Give it a try.
Latest blog entry: Why Do A Build Log?
to remove ads between posts
Jul 24, 2020, 11:34 AM
There are MANY reasons for a build log. It's interesting seeing the problem solving, and seeing methods you can use on your own plane.

There are dozens of planes I will never get to buying, let alone build. I enjoy seeing others tackle the building of planes I can only dream about. There was a thread where an absolutely massive XB-70 was built. Watching the progress, the decisions made, and then the finished plane, completed with video - that was WAY cool.
Jul 24, 2020, 06:39 PM

playmate

I have recently re designed a favorite plane of mine called the playmate, reworking the build and incorperating the new self squaring and interlocking building techniques, if this goes well there are 2 more on the list.
hopefully this will stimulate more building and keep some of these older designs in the air
by the way I still have my original playmate it really flies well

Quick Reply