RealFlight and RCG Team Up for the Online VirtualFly!

RCGroups.com and RealFlight are excited to provide a place for all RealFlight and RGroups users to fly and interact. During these tricky times we wanted to help create virtual RC option for all of you.

Splash

The RealFlight Online VirtualFly 2020!

After the success I had with the Virtual Joe Nall online event I knew I had to do more. As events across the country were being cancelled I contacted the folks at Horizon (the distributor of RealFlight) and together we are excited to bring you the RF VirtualFly!

Join Us Online!

We will have an official server up for everyone to fly on. This means you can hang out with other users from RCGroups while flying the latest planes from RealFlight.

• You can find us online when flying in RealFlight.
  • Click the Multiplayer/Join link and find us at Official RealFlight VirtualFly!

Horizon Team Fly and More!

I am hoping to live stream the Horizon Team as they fly online each week. You can watch that by subscribing to our Youtube channel. I'm excited to see what we can do with this section. Working together with Horizon and the RealFlight crew should allow us to do some pretty cool things!

RCGroups Virtual Joe Nall - Horizon Hobby Live on the Field! (57 min 13 sec)

About RealFlight

RF is the best tool new RC pilots can use when learning how to fly. It also makes it possible for experienced RC pilots to practice new maneuvers and to hone their skills so they can become even better pilots.

With more than 160 different aircraft to fly including airplanes, helicopters, drones and more at over 40 different flying sites, plus the ability to edit aircraft and sites, there's an almost infinite number of flying options available. Add in game-like challenges that make flight training fun, multiplayer options so you can fly and compete with other pilots online, compatibility with VR headsets, and many, many more features, and you have everything you need to succeed at the field because you can "fly" on a PC at home, or on a laptop just about anywhere else!

RealFlight® 9 RC Flight Simulator (1 min 12 sec)

SEE YOU THERE ONLINE!

Learn More

Head over to Horizon Hobby for more info!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jul 24, 2020 at 03:38 PM..
This thread is privately moderated by Jim T. Graham, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 26, 2020, 04:43 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
When does everyone usually come on to fly?
Jul 27, 2020, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
We had folks on and off all weekend long. This is just the kick-off so I will put more thought into dedicated times.
Jul 27, 2020, 05:48 PM
Helicopter Fanatic
If you do decide to set up dedicated times, it would be nice if you also consider setting up a time for dedicated model types. You could have a time for planes, another for helicopters and a third for quads. Maybe pick a day and time that repeats each week so everyone knows when a group is getting together.

I have no objection to open flying with all groups, it is was actually quite entertaining flying my helicopter with the planes but special sessions might promote learning for those trying to improve their skills and an opportunity to see the skill level of those we meet on the forum. Just a thought. You are doing a great job.
Jul 27, 2020, 06:12 PM
Thread OP
I know you can set up different stations for different types of flight, like the ones you listed. I'll take a look at our field options and see about that as well. My first goal was getting everything setup and functioning and then the tweaking will begin. Thanks for the input!
Jul 27, 2020, 07:41 PM
KE Spins make me dizzy.
Quads really don't fly well in realflight, I've noticed. It's as if it's running a tune that barely keeps it in the air.
Jul 29, 2020, 07:30 PM
Ok I guess I’ll be first to get a no. Is it available for Mac OS.
Jul 29, 2020, 09:32 PM
How do you join in to the virtual fly? Can you point me to simple instructions? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply