Jul 24, 2020, 11:28 PM
"Sport 3Der For Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan
Mine would be Doc Austin. He has years of build blogs for tons of planes in the 3D forums. Helps countless newbies with picking the right plane, helps everyone from newbies to seasoned vets with setup, build techniques, and radio and gyro setup. Always loading new videos of the hottest new planes. I’ve even seen many occasions he will tell someone to call him if they can’t figure it out. Overall just a wealth of information and made my transition into 3D balsa planes much less scary
I will 2nd this! just got back into flying after a 25 years lay off and he always takes the time to help out every one. 1st conversation with him on the phone was hours long..thanks Doc.. PS,there are SOO MANY other good guys on here that are willing to help out...EpoweredRC &Elecrich and way too many to thank for all the help! Thanks guys it is much appreciated!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 25, 2020, 08:07 AM
Well, I have to say Thank you to Jason and Jim! I was pretty surprised this morning to see a new banner at the top of my thread listings. I very much appreciate the generosity.

Andy
Jul 25, 2020, 02:27 PM
Grumpa Tom
A couple more engine guys I would like to recognize. I TOBOR and GARY CEE.

Hobbs (I TOBOR) is a Saito engine guru and has the answer for anyone who has an issue. He also has donated parts to people in need.

Gary is another engine genius and he also machines parts and gizmos for people if they need help.

Two really helpful fellows.

I know RCG is mainly focused on electric flight but there is also a very large contingent of glow engine people.
Jul 25, 2020, 06:52 PM
Rabid Rabbit
flightengr is leading the way through incantations, spells and other witchcraft. He is making using SAFE receivers in other planes possible.
Jul 25, 2020, 10:15 PM
Sittin' on a hill
I would like to suggest fly2bob. He's been unbelievably helpful to all kinds of folks getting started in soaring. When I only had a UMX radian he took me to a real slope and let me fly his 2m+ fiberglass glider to see what sloping was really about. When I tore the tail of that umx radian I mentioned, he helped me glue it back on and keep flying. I know I'm not the only person he's helped out. Bob is passionate about soaring and he's always taking new flowers out to the slopes and helping people new to the area find the good slopes around here.
Jul 26, 2020, 03:26 AM
Get One Up!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim hooper
I'll nominate the entire volunteer Moderator team of over a decade ago.

Unpaid and overworked, under the guidance of Andy Willetts and Bri Cullen, they worked tirelessly to make this site what it's become today.

Tim
Thanks Tim - I second that motion for the former volunteer moderator team here at RC Groups when things were getting started off. A great bunch of guys and so helpful and co-operative.

You have given me so much help and inspiration since coming back to the hobby and are rightfully recognised as a master modeller, builder and designer of beautiful and unusual scale models.

I also second the nomination of Tom Hunt, who have provided loads of folks with super valuable assistance in the Electric Warbirds forum and in his role in designing and implementing some of the most popular ARTF electric warbirds.

There are hundreds of RC Groups members who have provided superb advice, help and assistance down the years. Just too many to mention really but
I'd like to nominate Hoppy, for many years of help and assistance in lipo testing, safety and failure analysis, which has produced lots of tangible advice to help keep us all safe. Keeping those lipo failure mode threads going and keeping them on track over the years is a labour of love - well done that man.
Jul 26, 2020, 07:54 AM
Paper Plane Scratch Builder
Ron Van Sommeren -- for keeping my noodle straight on all things power and motor related.

One of the few members here that I feel should have a gratis Plus membership for life. Add a blue star to the badge to show he is member that provides long term valued technical support.
Jul 26, 2020, 08:00 AM
Paper Plane Scratch Builder
Jurgen Heilig - who over the years provided us with top quality photos of model aviation, hobby shows and GA / military planes from Europe.
Jul 26, 2020, 09:48 AM
Fly Low - Hit Hard
Tom Hunt and Turboparker (Joel)

Both are great ambassadors for the hobby. They speak freely about their success(sometimes otherwise) and that of others. It is all done in a friendly and mentor-like way.

Neither will hesitate to provide fact based assistance when asked.

Tom and Joel are both inspired and inspiring.

RF
Last edited by Red Flyer; Jul 26, 2020 at 09:55 AM.
Jul 27, 2020, 06:08 AM
Rabid Rabbit
All Local Hobby Shop owners and employees deserve recognition. They are the ones that keep getting new people involved in hobbies. Without their promotion and participation the state of our passion would be severely diminished.
Jul 27, 2020, 01:28 PM
Boost rules!
Thanks Dale & Red for the nomination & kind words! And thanks to Jason for including me & extending my Plus membership by 3 months!

I've always enjoyed helping people out here on RCG & answering questions as best as I can or directing them to a spot where they can learn. Nice to know that the effort is appreciated!

Joel
Last edited by turboparker; Jul 27, 2020 at 01:34 PM.
Jul 27, 2020, 01:35 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Thanks Jason!
Love having the PMs unlimited capacity restored!
Jul 29, 2020, 06:03 AM
santanig5

Santa, seems to fly a lot of the same airplanes as I.
He is always there with helpful info.
He seems to have "sorta been there done that"

There are many more.....way to long to list!
Thanks to all!
Jul 29, 2020, 06:27 AM
Get One Up!!!
Thanks Jason and Jim for this initiative, for the chance to sing the praises of the super helpful members here and for the RCG Plus upgrade
Jul 29, 2020, 11:01 AM
It's Tougher in Alaska
SteveT.
He's quite the forum contributor and I've learned some valuable information from his knowledge and insight.

Silent-AV8R
Bill is the best resource for answering my Futaba 18SZ questions and is an asset for the Futaba guys.

Quick Reply