Jul 22, 2020, 03:01 PM
DominicM
Thread OP
Video

X-Flight \ Supreme Hobby A320 twin 50mm EDF Airliner

Saw some pics of it posted on a social media group so ordered one as nothing much comparable in this cute size in ARF on the market.

More than a little disappointed with what I got. Missing and poor hardware, bad servo and tangled electronics. Took a little effort to sort it out.

No flaps which is a terrible omission on any scale jet and that made for long take off run and high landing speed. In the air I think it needs a full fly by wire system rather than a flight stabilisation system .

I'm not done. It will fly again...as will the second one I ordered at the same time.

X-FLIGHT \ SUPREME HOBBY A320 TWIN 50mm EDF AIRLINER: ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST (12 min 7 sec)
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2020, 03:37 PM
I was wondering about this model, Thanks for posting.
Jul 27, 2020, 11:23 AM
we can take off without that
This seems to be a re-release of Supreme Hobbies A320. There is an older thread for this model.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...00-mm-A320-PNP

They now also do a nice TAP scheme.
Shame the quality is not so good.
I thought about getting this model but it is way too heavy and needs too much work.
I think it would fly better with a bit less weight.
Drop down to 3s, change to JPower motors, lighter escs, that would save some weight for starters.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/XRP-Airli...X/303499853617
Last edited by green_flyer; Jul 27, 2020 at 11:28 AM. Reason: Update
Jul 27, 2020, 11:29 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
I'm in process of assembling the 737. It looks really nice BUT AGAIN...one of the elevator servos was bad and a missing push rod for the rudder. So frustrating. Change one elevator servo and you have to change both obviously.

This version cost a bit more I guess because it has a light system. And AGAIN...no flaps. With such limited wing area it stands no chance of slowing up. Maiden flight this weekend.
Jul 27, 2020, 11:33 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
One picture of the kit and another of it 80% assembled.

As we know the last 20% of a project can take 80% of the time. That rule really does apply to X-Flight kits.
Jul 27, 2020, 11:42 AM
Might be worth getting a AR636 for some AS3X stability. I use it in 70mm Vampire and Freewing F-16, works great!
Jul 27, 2020, 11:47 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
I prefer the Hobby Eagle line up of gyros personally but def needs a gyro based on flight experience of the A320 wobbling around.
Jul 27, 2020, 11:48 AM
Great landing by the way.
Those poor little wheels can barely handle the grass it seems
Jul 27, 2020, 11:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicM
I prefer the Hobby Eagle line up of gyros personally but def needs a gyro based on flight experience of the A320 wobbling around.
The only time mine wobbles a little is in a cross wind landing
(TianSheng A-320). It does take a bit if rudder work but mine can float pretty well, it seems to behave much better than what I see in the vid. It also doesn’t have flaps and has fixed landing gear. One thing worthy of note is that the TianSheng is not much larger with 70mm fans, but has more wing area. Also worthy of note is a little dihedral in the elevators.
Last edited by Joe 1320; Jul 27, 2020 at 12:12 PM.
Jul 27, 2020, 11:54 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
I was trying to air brake with nose up to get the landing speed down. More rearward CG next time I think to make that easier.

Take off run shouldn't be so long on the 737 so landing gear won't get so much punishment. It's 4S so should relatively jump in the air.
Aug 06, 2020, 11:25 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
Back with a CG a lot more rearward than the instructions recommend. Glued in retracts that got ripped out on first landing which were held in with...not glue.

It's a good looking RC airliner but it's relatively expensive and the missing hardware and faulty servos and the lack of help from X-Flight make it an overall bad experience...but I shall persevere.

X-FLIGHT \ XRP \ SUPREME HOBBY A320 TWIN 50mm EDF AIRLINER | PART 2: ESSENTIAL RC FLIGHT TEST (9 min 13 sec)
Aug 06, 2020, 12:09 PM
Congrats.
Better, less observable dutch roll. Try mainly rudder on turns using the ailerons to keep the wing angles fairly level with minimal banking. Try not to make the passengers sick. Lol. Seems like I hear a bit of wind in the video?
Aug 08, 2020, 10:12 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
Thanks for the advice I'll try that. Yes, there was some wind that day.
Aug 13, 2020, 11:00 AM
DominicM
Thread OP
So the ESCs are rated for 4S so Jason persuaded me to try it despite my concerns over the CG. More power seemed a good idea though after that terrible, almost disastrous, take off on the last flight.

IF IN DOUBT...ADD MORE POWER !!! X-FLIGHT \ XRP \ SUPREME HOBBY A320 TWIN 50mm EDF AIRLINER | PART 3 (7 min 26 sec)

Quick Reply