New Firmware for Altis Nano and Altis V4+

The Aerobtec Altis Nano and V4+ are great tools for flying F5J and other limited motor run style events. They are feature rich and reliable.

Splash

New Firmware Available

The Aerobtec Altis Nano and V4+ are great tools for flying F5J and other limited motor run style events. They are feature rich and reliable. The team at Aerobtec keeps them up to date with the latest firmware that enable new features or comply with new rule parameters.

Aerobtec just released new firmware versions for the Altis Nano and Altis V4+. The V4+ version is 5.8 for FAI F5J Competition and the Nano is version 5.3. Both are updated with the new rule parameters for 2020, which are not yet officially approved, so you might need to use the previous firmware for any official competitions until the new rules are approved. You can find and download the firmware at the links below.

Click here to visit the Altis Nano Page

Click here to visit the Alta V4+ Page

Jul 22, 2020, 12:04 PM
What are the differences?
Jul 22, 2020, 12:07 PM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
It looks like the FAI version of the firmware will now allow emergency restart of the motor according to the new rules.
Jul 23, 2020, 12:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Cole
It looks like the FAI version of the firmware will now allow emergency restart of the motor according to the new rules.
To my knowledge the rules have not been changed. Motor restart is not allowed in F5J.
Jul 23, 2020, 12:43 AM
In F3J size does matter!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuomo
To my knowledge the rules have not been changed. Motor restart is not allowed in F5J.
Allowed as a local rule except for class one events (can be used in international competitions and world cups but not in continental or world championships)

This is taken from the 2020 rules
Jul 23, 2020, 06:05 AM
They are AMAZING!! Love the telemetry they gather per flight.
Jul 23, 2020, 07:27 AM
Screwing up is an art
Since I'm in the market for a device like this, what are the differences and advantages of the Nano vs the V4+ ? Why would I want one over the other?
Jul 23, 2020, 07:46 AM
So what's the difference between and just flashing it with a firmware that allows motor restart (8.2?)
Jul 23, 2020, 08:16 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mabrungard
Since I'm in the market for a device like this, what are the differences and advantages of the Nano vs the V4+ ? Why would I want one over the other?
Only difference in size of the screen. I prefer the Nano being smaller and lighter, but I still have good eyes and have no problems reading the screen.
Jul 23, 2020, 08:17 AM
RCG Admin
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by eitanro
So what's the difference between and just flashing it with a firmware that allows motor restart (8.2?)

I'm assuming it has to do with "official" competitions that require the FAI approved firmware version in order to be legal.
Jul 23, 2020, 11:07 AM
JimN8UAY
Anyone know the difference between the Altis V4 and the V4+? I haven't found much info on the V4 and is it still viable option for F5J?

Jim
Jul 23, 2020, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimn8uay
Anyone know the difference between the Altis V4 and the V4+? I haven't found much info on the V4 and is it still viable option for F5J?

Jim
Jim, the V4 is still listed on the FAI list. From my foggy memories the V4+ got the OLED.

Joon
Jul 23, 2020, 12:08 PM
Quote:
The V4+ has 2 "extension" ports versus the Nano having just one. Do you really need 2 ports? Probably not.
Jul 23, 2020, 08:13 PM
Tragic case
Quote:
The V4+ screen is much easier to read and the device is larger. I way prefer the V4+ to the Nano where space permits.
Jul 24, 2020, 09:15 AM
When do they make the bypass to the receiver, over the device?
Just crashed my BF, thanks for Altis without bypass.
Yes, I was stupid

Never more Altis

Quick Reply