This thread is privately moderated by Imaxguy, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 17, 2020, 02:40 PM
Trader Rating: 15
Thread OP
Sold

Ended

Ended
Last edited by Imaxguy; Jul 27, 2020 at 02:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2020, 09:53 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Balsa Flies Better!
While I can't see the damage to the wing- the reality is that fuse is totaled. It's easier to start new than to try to repair that.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear...

Sam
Jul 17, 2020, 10:04 PM
Thread OP
No problem man I accept constructive criticism. I would still sell it for the wings and the elevator and all the other parts. Id rather give it to someone than trash it honestly.
Jul 17, 2020, 10:10 PM
Thread OP
Its not an "easy fix" by any means on the fuse. I have all the parts from the wreck and the motor box is still intact, however it would take several hours to repair the fuse with some experience. I just don't have the time or will to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megowcoupe
While I can't see the damage to the wing- the reality is that fuse is totaled. It's easier to start new than to try to repair that.

Sorry if that's not what you wanted to hear...

Sam
Jul 18, 2020, 01:22 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Balsa Flies Better!
This is one of the challenges with lightweight airframes. The integrity of the fuse relies on nature's composite, i.e. wood with long fibers. When those long fibers are broken, glue doesn't really repair them- you have to use additional fibers, i.e. more wood. You'd have so many pieces splinted together that what you'd wind up with would be heavier and weaker than what it was originally- that's why I said it's totaled. I've tried to repair plywood that has lots of lightening holes- I gave up and made new parts instead.

If I were in your shoes- I'd simply find a club member that wanted the parts. Alternatively- you could scratch build your own fuse or see if perhaps one of Bill Stevens airplanes is pretty close in size. A bunch of us have created our own "Frankenplanes" and at this point- what do you have to lose?

Sam
Jul 18, 2020, 07:31 PM
Thread OP
Yeah I could do that but again, I just don't have the time nowadays. I would rather sell the wings and all the other good parts to another person who is in need.

Quick Reply