Jul 17, 2020, 08:34 AM
Laughs at un-boxing videos...
Thread OP
Discussion

14" plank, brushless, with printed fuselage

I built this plane about 4 years ago.
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...39&postcount=1

Uses an 8 gram brushless motor and 2-300 mah 1s battery The electronics are v911. The original maiden video is in the link.

I printed a body for it similar to others that I have designed. Probably have 3-4 others now like this.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 17, 2020, 10:39 AM
Ray
That's quite impressive! Also impressive is rewinding your own motors. Do you only build/fly planks ?

Ray
Jul 17, 2020, 01:57 PM
Thread OP
Glad that you like it Ray.

I found that I liked the simplicity of plank wings.

My largest plane is a 1/5th scale cub.
RC Cub (2 min 41 sec)

Rewinding motors is mainly tedious.
Jul 17, 2020, 10:11 PM
Thread OP
Here is the first flight in 4 years. Had to hold some forward stick to keep it flying level. Battery is 4 years old. ):

BOOH 14 Inch plank (1 min 14 sec)
Last edited by basicguy; Jul 17, 2020 at 10:18 PM.
Jul 18, 2020, 01:08 AM
KiwiChristian
And the plan for the fuselage is where?
Jul 18, 2020, 04:14 AM
Thread OP
The drawing is in a file on my computer at the present. The unit is quite experimental, that is why I didn't post a link. I eventually will probably change the nose length, thrust angles. I share what I have done to help motivate others. at present. Everyone knows you have to have a tail on a model or swept wings. To make it stable.. Although the trim was not perfect. it still launched straight and was quite maneuverable.

Everything is built around an existing airframe which flew well. which saved a lot of construction. I already have a list of modifications when I get around to it.

I have several more models that I am going to convert.

If you are in true hurry Get a motor in the 10 gram range 5-6000kv with a 5mm mounting pedestal. Figure out how to link a tiny esc to a v911. Get the airframe flying. Planks are truly sensitive

The body is somewhat fluff to the flyable plane.

Hope you agree.
Jun 19, 2021, 02:41 AM
flyin' fool
Motivated me!
Jun 19, 2021, 05:59 AM
Thread OP
Frank,
No you inspired me!
Jun 26, 2021, 07:42 PM
flyin' fool
............. to turn out this weenie one ........................

Quick Reply