The E-flite Conscendo Evolution 1.5m BNFB/PNP

More powerful, capable and fun to fly!

Splash

Conscendo Evolution 1.5m BNFB/PNP

Featuring a stronger and stiffer airframe along with a more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system, the E-flite® Conscendo® Evolution™ 1.5m offers performance every pilot will enjoy — from smooth, easy soaring to high-speed, high-energy aerobatics.

See more info below and on the product pages via this link (NOTE: The link will not work until the web site updates later this morning):

https://www.horizonhobby.com/search?...=&lang=default

Introduction

When the Conscendo® was first introduced it was geared towards RC newcomers who wanted to teach themselves how to fly with a powered glider. A few years later an “Advanced” version that offered more power for soaring, sport flying and aerobatics became a favorite of many intermediate and experienced pilots alike. Now the E-flite® Conscendo Evolution™ 1.5m evolves the design to be the most powerful, capable and fun to fly Conscendo yet! A stronger and stiffer airframe molded from higher density EPO combines with the more powerful 3S and 4S compatible power system featuring a telemetry-capable ESC to deliver higher speeds and more aerobatic performance — while offering the same smooth sport flying and soaring capabilities the Conscendo has always been known for.

Overview

This is the most powerful, capable, and fun to fly Conscendo® yet! With the benefits of E-flite® engineering expertise, the Conscendo Evolution™ 1.5m powered glider is now better equipped to deliver higher speeds and even higher energy aerobatic performance — yet it’s still as easy and fun to sport fly and soar as ever before. With a 3S LiPo battery, the factory-installed brushless power system — featuring a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC, specially-tuned outrunner motor and folding prop — delivers plenty of thrust for fast climbs to soaring altitude, sport flying and aerobatics. Using a 4S battery, it delivers even more speed and thrust for unlimited vertical performance without the need for modifications or upgrades. The new higher density EPO airframe has the additional strength and stiffness to handle anything an intermediate to experienced pilot will want to do with all that power, performance and full 4-channel control. Yet the Conscendo Evolution is still easy to launch, fly and land — especially the BNF® Basic version equipped with a Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver featuring exclusive AS3X® and optional-use SAFE® Select technologies — which makes it the perfect choice for a first powered glider. Flight ready in less time than it takes to charge a battery, the Conscendo Evolution offers a wide range of pilots a unique flying experience that no other model can provide.

More Capable Construction with higher density EPO results in a stronger and stiffer airframe with a smoother finish. Combined with carbon and other composite reinforcement in the fuselage, wings and tails, the Conscendo® Evolution™ can handle higher speeds and higher energy aerobatics – yet is still lightweight to deliver excellent soaring and sport flying performance, plus long flight times up to 15-20+ minutes with a mix of power on and power off flying.

More Power The factory-installed brushless power system features a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and folding prop that deliver an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more speed and unlimited vertical performance with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.

Telemetry Capable The Conscendo® Evolution™ 1.5m is equipped with an ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, battery voltage and more via compatible receivers (including the AR637TA installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.

Easy Assembly No glue is required for final assembly. You can have the Conscendo® Evolution™ ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery. It’s also easy to install and remove the two-piece wing and stabs for convenient storage and transport.

Bind-N-Fly® Completion Level Advantage Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly® (BNF®) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!

This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.

If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required. Simply change up the binding sequence as directed in the manual.

With SAFE Select enabled, you get:

Pitch and Bank Angle Limits These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.

Automatic Self-Leveling The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It’s also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.

Easy Switch Assignment—No Complex Programming Required The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds.

If you don’t want to enable the SAFE Select features, just bind the receiver normally and it will function like a standard AS3X receiver.

Plug-N-Play® Completion Level This Plug-N-Play® (PNP) version comes out of the box with a factory-installed power system and servos that are ready to connect to the compatible receiver of your choice (sold separately), plus the transmitter and battery you provide (also sold separately). Simply install the receiver, finish any final assembly, and fly!

Key Features

• Evolved to be the most powerful, capable and fun to fly Conscendo® yet for soaring, sport flying, high speeds and high energy aerobatics
  • Higher density EPO results in a stronger and stiffer airframe capable of more aerobatic performance and higher speeds
  • More powerful 3S and 4S compatible brushless power system with outrunner motor and folding propeller
  • 30A telemetry-capable ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data (via compatible receivers and transmitters)
  • Long flight times up to 15-20+ minutes with a mix of power on/off flying using 3S 1300–2200mah or 4S 1000–2200mAh batteries
  • 4-channel control including ailerons with four (4) factory-installed servos and linkages
  • Spektrum™ AR637TA receiver with full-range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology (BNF® Basic version only)
  • Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection (BNF Basic version only)
  • The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology (BNF Basic version only)
  • Easy to launch, fly and land, making it a perfect choice for a first powered sailplane model
  • Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced, high-density EPO construction
  • Easy to install/remove two-piece wing and stabs
  • Fast and easy assembly – no glue required

Specifications

• Wingspan: 59 in (1500 mm)
  • Overall Length: 39.6 in (1005 mm)
  • Flying Weight: 34.3 oz (971 g)
  • Motor: Brushless Outrunner (installed)
  • Speed Control: 30A Brushless ESC (installed)
  • Servos: (4) (installed)
  • Radio: Full-Range 5-7+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter (sold separately)
  • Receiver: Spektrum™ AR637TA with AS3X® and SAFE® Select Technologies (installed; required for PNP version)
  • Battery: 3S 11.1V 1300–2200mAh or 4S 14.8V 1000–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector

Needed to Complete

• Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter (4+ channel transmitter/receiver for PNP version)
  • 3S 11.1V 1300–2200mAh or 4S 14.8V 1000–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector
  • Compatible LiPo charger

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jul 16, 2020 at 08:44 AM..
Jul 16, 2020, 12:12 AM
Thread OP
Product Launch Video
E-flite® Conscendo® Evolution 1.5m BNF® Basic/PNP (4 min 5 sec)

Flight Talk Video
Flight Talk: E-flite® Conscendo® Evolution 1.5m (16 min 58 sec)

Overview Video
Overview: E-flite® Conscendo® Evolution 1.5m (14 min 22 sec)

Video from TheRcSaylors (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYW...D_acDIZdr53huA):

NEW! MUST HAVE RC Plane Glider! - Conscendo Evolution 1.5m - TheRcSaylors (19 min 59 sec)
Last edited by Jason M; Jul 16, 2020 at 02:44 PM.
Jul 16, 2020, 12:41 AM
DFS#000178
Very nice! I think I'm in on one. I wanted another compact glider. I've got an Electrifly Syncro but it's more of a meme, seeing how long it'll last before the fan explodes. This one looks like a lot of airplane for the money.

Also the link at the top of the first post doesn't work. It leads to a "Sorry, your search for "conscendo evolution 1.5m" did not return any results" page.
Jul 16, 2020, 12:44 AM
Team Warpsquad
I love my conscendo advanced, and I like the idea of a 4s model with more performance

Will have to grab one once available
Jul 16, 2020, 01:03 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampage
Very nice! I think I'm in on one. I wanted another compact glider. I've got an Electrifly Syncro but it's more of a meme, seeing how long it'll last before the fan explodes. This one looks like a lot of airplane for the money.

Also the link at the top of the first post doesn't work. It leads to a "Sorry, your search for "conscendo evolution 1.5m" did not return any results" page.
The link will work once the product pages are "officially" (not unofficially like they were the other day ) live later this morning:

Quote:
See more info below and on the product pages via this link (NOTE: The link will not work until the web site updates later this morning):

https://www.horizonhobby.com/search?...=&lang=default
And it's rare for pretty much everyone in the office to be surprised by and really enjoy flying a model they never expected to love the way we all love this one! Most of us liked the previous iterations of the Conscendo, but this iteration is amazing...it can fly fast, perform aggressive aerobatics, yet easily slows down and thermals well like the earlier ones did! It's definitely going to appeal to a wider audience now, and I suspect a lot more people are going to end up with a motor glider than ever imagined owning one after they see it
Jul 16, 2020, 01:04 AM
Ok ok......
Not feeling the yellow scheme but if the power is there, this one might hold my attention.
Last edited by FoxProGT; Jul 16, 2020 at 01:11 AM.
Jul 16, 2020, 01:06 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Aaron
I love my conscendo advanced, and I like the idea of a 4s model with more performance

Will have to grab one once available
You're going to love this one even more! The stronger and stiffer airframe, more power and speed, telemetry...it's definitely on a whole different level (while still being great at everything you love the Conscendo Advanced for too)!
Jul 16, 2020, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
The link will work once the product pages are "officially" (not unofficially like they were the other day ) live later this morning:

And it's rare for pretty much everyone in the office to be surprised by and really enjoy flying a model they never expected to love the way we all love this one! Most of us liked the previous iterations of the Conscendo, but this iteration is amazing...it can fly fast, perform aggressive aerobatics, yet easily slows down and thermals well like the earlier ones did! It's definitely going to appeal to a wider audience now, and I suspect a lot more people are going to end up with a motor glider than ever imagined owning one after they see it
Sounds good BUT did anyone Hover it
Jul 16, 2020, 01:10 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Sounds good BUT did anyone Hover it
I and others have, but it's not as easy to hover as the other plane you'll be getting soon Not because it doesn't have enough power of course (it will hover and punch out vertical with 4S!), but mostly because it has a more "traditionally sized" elevator and rudder for a model of this type
Jul 16, 2020, 01:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason M
I and others have, but it's not as easy to hover as the other plane you'll be getting soon Not because it doesn't have enough power of course (it will hover and punch out vertical with 4S!), but mostly because it has a more "traditionally sized" elevator and rudder for a model of this type
Thanks for your reply Top Gun. What is interesting is that for the last several yrs i posted that question as a joke when a new scale plane came out. You started answering that question and then in your promo vids you did some minor hovering with them which i got a kick out of but the scale only flyers had Panic attacks.hahaha...A while back i had the Carbon Z Yak 54 which flew on 4s. That was one wicked 3D plane and the only plane that i had the flew on 4s
Last edited by dalecheek1; Jul 16, 2020 at 02:11 AM.
Jul 16, 2020, 03:14 AM
Fly planes, Be happy
Is the battery bay the same size as the Conscendo Advanced?
Jul 16, 2020, 05:16 AM
Great to see the Conscendo lives on! I still haven’t been able to kill my original ‘S’ yet but I may have to retire it to museum status once this is out.
I like the scheme a lot, however there’s one thing I’d like to see HH do and that’s to leave all the text off of these types - perhaps just include them on a separate sheet for those who would like them, but to me it would just look much classier sans all the excess writing. Other than that, a big “thumbs up” for this release. Long live the Conscendo line!
Jul 16, 2020, 07:16 AM
Fly planes, Be happy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coptafeel
Great to see the Conscendo lives on! I still haven’t been able to kill my original ‘S’ yet but I may have to retire it to museum status once this is out.
I like the scheme a lot, however there’s one thing I’d like to see HH do and that’s to leave all the text off of these types - perhaps just include them on a separate sheet for those who would like them, but to me it would just look much classier sans all the excess writing. Other than that, a big “thumbs up” for this release. Long live the Conscendo line!
I like the color scheme a lot too

Something I’d like to see is a thin plastic sheet on the wingtips to protect them when I land in a gravel lot or on a petromat runway. Sure I could cobble something on there, but a factory molded color matched piece made out of the plastic used for Coke bottles would look so much nicer than anything I could do.
Jul 16, 2020, 07:33 AM
I'm impressed!

I really am impressed with telemetry included with the BNF! My Conscendo Advanced has been the hardest plane to gage battery usage. I'm always landing too early, as the plane flies so much longer than I think it would.

It looks like this new plane is a step up from the Advanced in many ways!
Jul 16, 2020, 07:43 AM
Thank you Jason. 
The "Yellow" will make a great difference in visibility.
The Advanced, blue on white was very hard for older eyes!
My Advanced was getting tired, so your timing is right on.

Quick Reply