Jul 30, 2020, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_
I was thinking CP blades have constantly changing loads/pitch, independent from the load/pitch of any other blade.
You understand what happens when u increase torque in this "tilt bladeholder" design?
One blade will pitch up, the other down. -> imbalance.

From the simplicity and the transfer of mechanical coplexity into elecronic complexity it is genial. But because of the vibration problem i think the design has no future.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 30, 2020, 02:54 PM
Is what I'm doing helping?
Yes.

Those FP blades bring back some good memories. Danger. Do not fly with borken blades.
Last edited by Steve_; Jul 30, 2020 at 03:02 PM.
Jul 30, 2020, 11:26 PM
This is definitely not going to scale up to large R/C helis which already have all sorts of blade flap and lead/lag going on with the rotor head but I can see it working well for very small micro sized helicopters. I could be very useful for "practical" stuff like relatively disposable micro surveillance drones where simplicity and durability is more important than aerobatic performance. A coaxial using this sort of head would be less complex and more compact than a multirotor.
Last edited by Atomic Skull; Jul 30, 2020 at 11:35 PM.
Aug 05, 2023, 03:56 PM
Does anyone know, if the stl’s of the 45 degree rotating fit mechanism, have been released by the creator of this video.

Thank you.

Quick Reply