Jul 15, 2020, 06:20 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSavage View Post
A little over-scale, but they'll look great in the cockpits!
Thanks! I think so too.

Edit: After doing the math, Batman and Robin should be about perfect. Please double check my math. The V-174 was 17'. The Batboat is 32"

17' x 12" = 204". 204" / 32" = 6.375 (scale). 1/6th scale 6' G.I. Joe is 12". We'll see when they get here.
Last edited by Daren; Jul 15, 2020 at 07:25 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 15, 2020, 10:55 AM
The figures you posted are approximately 1/9 scale, and will probably look "small", in a 1/6 scale boat.

Can you build your boat closer to 1/9 scale?? That would give you a hull length of 22.5'' - 23''.
Jul 15, 2020, 12:22 PM
It wasn't me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daren View Post
Thanks! I think so too.

Edit: After doing the math, Batman and Robin should be about perfect. Please double check my math. The V-174 was 17'. The Batboat is 32"

17' x 12" = 204". 204" / 32" = 6.375 (scale). 1/6th scale 6' G.I. Joe is 12". We'll see when they get here.
Maybe just put them onto some booster seats?
Jul 15, 2020, 12:36 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Maybe just put them onto some booster seats?
That's what I was thinking. That's why the forward shots, Batbman is always leaning to the center of the boat. Otherwise the windscreen frame would be in front of his eyes. My Batman will be leaning center also.
Jul 15, 2020, 12:41 PM
Thread OP
And so it begins. I'm still undecided about the LED lighting, so I left it in place.
Jul 15, 2020, 01:38 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptCB View Post
The figures you posted are approximately 1/9 scale, and will probably look "small", in a 1/6 scale boat.

Can you build your boat closer to 1/9 scale?? That would give you a hull length of 22.5'' - 23''.
The boat is already built. I'm not too worried about the sizing. It's going to be fun boat, not a contest boat. Luckily, they were relatively inexpensive, so if they look too goofy, I'll search out some other figurines.
Jul 15, 2020, 02:07 PM

figureens

I would not worry to much about the scale size of Batman & Robin. At a fun scale like this,. close enough is usually good enough. A little on the larger size is usually better. Match what ever you buy to whats there already. Or repurposed the wrestling figures into Batman , Robin, or Batwoman and Bat Dog
Jul 15, 2020, 08:32 PM
KC8WPF
Here's a couple photos showing my Batboat and PT Boat drives. The Batboat sits a little lower in the water.
Jul 15, 2020, 11:40 PM
It wasn't me...
Quote:
That's what I was thinking. That's why the forward shots, Batbman is always leaning to the center of the boat. Otherwise the windscreen frame would be in front of his eyes. My Batman will be leaning center also.
The main thing is that you'll have Batman and Robin in their respective cockpits.
Jul 16, 2020, 01:16 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuss View Post
I would not worry to much about the scale size of Batman & Robin. At a fun scale like this,. close enough is usually good enough. A little on the larger size is usually better. Match what ever you buy to whats there already. Or repurposed the wrestling figures into Batman , Robin, or Batwoman and Bat Dog
I agree. If it were a scale boat, I would collect the figurines, then build a boat around them.

There was a Bat Dog?!
Jul 16, 2020, 01:18 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by CG Bob View Post
Here's a couple photos showing my Batboat and PT Boat drives. The Batboat sits a little lower in the water.
I didn't know RC boats had evolved to jet drives. Very cool!
Jul 16, 2020, 01:19 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
The main thing is that you'll have Batman and Robin in their respective cockpits.
And looking '60s cool like they should!
Jul 16, 2020, 06:25 AM

water cooling

I ran WOW WEE a few times, never did the ESC ( or the motor) get hot. Also my design has plenty of "air" inside the compartment. If it does not need it, don,t use it. Extra stuff is extra problems. Build your boat , then try it. See how hot it becomes.
Jul 16, 2020, 10:51 AM
It wasn't me...
Quote:
I agree. If it were a scale boat, I would collect the figurines, then build a boat around them.

There was a Bat Dog?!
Apparently so. His name was Ace...
Jul 16, 2020, 10:52 AM
It wasn't me...
Quote:
And looking '60s cool like they should!
I've got the entire Collector series on DVD. We'll have to watch them the next time you're out.

Quick Reply