New GP Engines GP-38 Single

New in the Great Power Engine lineup for 2020 is the new GP-38 single cylinder engine.

Splash !GP-38 Single !!!From FlyingGiants.com user cale10: New in the Great Power Engine lineup for 2020 is the new GP-38 single cylinder engine. Here's what GP has to say about it: "Another game-changer is coming in 2020, no surprise that GP has developed the most powerful and reliable two-stroke engine in 30c.c. engine for UAV propulsion system and model aircraft! GP38 will come with a stock wrap around Pitts Muffler, four Ferrari-red engine stands, CDI, NGK spark plug and screws for the propeller, Pitts muffler and stands." Specs:
  • Displacement 38 c.c.
  • Bore 38 mm
  • RPM Range 1400-10000
  • Output 5 Horsepower
  • Total Weight 1000 g
  • Ignition Weight 136 g
  • Muffler Weight 144 g
  • Gasoline 92 Unleaded
  • Gas/Oil Mix Ratio 40:1
  • Carburetor Walbro HDA-246
  • Spark Plug NGK CM-6
Reccomended 3D props: Falcon/ Xoar 20x8 (break in), 20x9, and 20x10 Bolt pattern is the same as a DA-35 Official Product Website: https://www.gpengine.world/product/17/93 Photos: (coming soon) Videos: Official Product video:
GP38 New Product Official Advertising Video (3 min 37 sec)
(NOTE The GP-38 in this video is a pre-production model. the production model will include a Pitts style muffler, and a standard four bolt propeller pattern) My personal GP-38:
New GP 38 -pilot laser -Cale Miller (6 min 37 sec)
Get your GP-38 here: https://www.aviatorplusrc.com/product/gp-38cc/ (United States)
Jul 13, 2020, 10:17 PM
Modeling Retread
Taiwan, good.

Dimensions would be helpful.
Latest blog entry: More Monokote
Aug 07, 2020, 03:30 AM
any update on the feedback of this engine. it sounds promising but there isnt alot of info about it online
Today, 05:30 AM

Nice Engine -But...

Got one of these to fit into my Pilot RC Extra 73 from a couple of years a go. The Extra was powered by electric 10 or 12 cells. With Lipos getting really expensive it was time to go IC again. However, fitting this engine was not that simple compared to my previous DLE and OS fitting. 1. the carb protrudes further back than the stand-offs requiring cutting out the firewall for the carb body. 2. The carb is mounted with the throttle and choke arms facing downwards which makes setting up linkages interesting. The prop drive is not the same as DLE35 or even DLE30. It is very slightly out. Was this intentional? I had to bore my propeller holes out to 5.5 mm to allow the 4mm bolts to pass through and line up with the drive hub.

The good news after finally getting it to pump fuel it ran smoothly straight away without any needle twiddling for the initial start up test although fine tuning will come later.

Dimensions are about the same as DLE35. the stand-offs are slightly narrower than DLE's. Muffler supplied is not as thick metal as OS mufflers but much better than DLE's tinny ones, but does the job quite well. If you can move your cowl forward say around 20mm then you may not need to cutout the firewall. This what we found when it was fitted on a WOT 4 XL
Last edited by PhilF51; Today at 05:57 AM.

Quick Reply