This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 12, 2020, 01:39 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

PrinTED

Most of the major parts are prinTED !
Now comes the assembly part of the project .
As mentioned previously I am starting the assembly from the beehive end of the plane and working my way forward .
The last part of the assembly will be the forward fuselage section .
Motor needs to be fitted
ESC
And work out that CG .
Also need to see about Thrust .. I have one motor thats big enough ( heavy for CG ) and hopefully make some power .

Weight ... 250 grams so far .. ( prinTED parts )

Those joins are going to be weak spots , do I need to do something *ugly ( functional but ugly ) like maybe some fibreglass reinforcement ?
Section 4 glued to section 3 was a real slop fit .. Needed a large rubber band to keep it together long enough for the cyno to dry . Not confidence building !
Maybe drill a hole and fit a carbon rod thru the fuse to hold it together like a pin ?

to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply