Jul 10, 2020, 03:28 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Kit or Plans for Sterling Models Kit B11M, 63" Constellation

I am looking for plans for or kit for the vintage Sterling Models 63' Chris Craft Constellation, a 40" model. I had one as a kid but gave it away and now want another one. I am a serious scale model airplane builder and flyer, live on a lake, have many giant scale land and sea airplanes. I don't need another plane but want to build something. I just completed a Sterling Models kit of a 1949 Chris Craft Racing Runabout, and made it a scale model of the full size racer I use on our lake. (I restored it many years ago.) Photos of the Model and full scale racer are attached. Any leads would be much appreciated. If plans only I will build from scratch.

Denny
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2020, 08:35 PM
Retired for now
Hi Denny. I think your after the 63' Motor Yacht by Sterling. The designation "Constellation" came along a few years later if I'm not mistaken. Look up Vintage plans and boats on here and I think they have the full set of plans for the 63' which is a favorite of mine. To buy the kit you'll have to find one for sale here or on ebay and expect to pay anywhere from $400 to $600 for one that's complete with the metal accessories kit that was made just for this model. For the plans be sure to find the 'patterns' plans. There are 6 sheets of them plus two or three construction sheets and a 16 page book of instructions. You need the 'patterns' for all the parts to build from scratch. Norgale
Jul 11, 2020, 01:09 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Much Norgale. I'be been looking bothe places had have so far come up empty. I'll keep trying

Denny
Jul 11, 2020, 03:58 PM
Retired for now
I'll send your request to OBW. I think he still has the plans on PDF and can email them to you. Then you'll have to get them enlarged. Cheaper than getting them from me.
Jul 12, 2020, 09:34 AM

63 plans

Hi Norgale, I thought that sent you pdf files of your parts drawings that I got from you. I also have the Sterling plans on pdf and have copied the instruction book. Let me know if you would like them. Thank you, Gary
Jul 12, 2020, 10:01 AM
Retired for now
Hi gl. I don't need them but the guys on this topic are looking for them. Maybe you could help them. Pete
Jul 13, 2020, 03:32 AM
GL is referring to the 'CC Motor Yacht' on this page: http://oldboats.tk/sterling1.html

From there you can download the plans and GL's parts drawings....
Jul 13, 2020, 05:31 PM
Thread OP
Thanks dodgy for the help getting the PDF files of the plans and frame members. I downloaded them and printed them out with my 8x11 printer and pasted them together. The keel parts as printed give me a keel length of 38.5 inches, so as printed they are the correct size for me. The master page is not as big, but gives all the info I need to build this boat. I will probably start a build log on it when I get all the frame parts printed out and make sure they all fit properly.

Denny
Jul 14, 2020, 03:00 AM
The site may be small and of niche interest, but it's doing what it's supposed to be doing. I think this group can take a modest bow for this achievement! We are indeed keeping some old model boats still available for those who want to revisit them.....
Jul 14, 2020, 01:06 PM
Thread OP
Thanks Much
Jul 15, 2020, 12:01 PM

Plans. Just in case you need more

Instructions as well
Last edited by BoatBlind; Nov 15, 2022 at 12:02 AM.
Jul 17, 2020, 12:53 PM
Thread OP
Thanks much Hessel, but I have all of these now thanks to Dodgy's recommended web site. Now I'm looking for the sip fittings.
Jul 19, 2020, 09:40 AM
Never hurts to put things up on the web and make them as widely available as possible...
Jul 19, 2020, 07:56 PM
I have the fittings somewhere in my stash of stuff. If you don't have any luck send me an E-mail in a few days and I'll try to find them. The castings from Sterling are a little on the crude side. AS I recall you have to spend some time polishing them up to make them look presentable.
Jul 24, 2020, 02:17 PM
Thread OP
Hi Bill. I'm interested but don't know how to email you. I'd make it w Y byorth your while if you can find them!

Quick Reply