Jul 10, 2020, 08:14 AM
Suspended Account
Thread OP
Suggestion

Appeal please

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post44962667

I replied to a post from Leccy, who commented on the post from somebody else.

My comment used a very normal and very common term, that does not contain a value judgement in itself (look up Dunning Kruger, it works both ways, for both people that are less proficient than they perceive themselves, as well as people that are more proficient than they perceive themselves).
It is not an insult, it is not a judgement call, it is a fairly commonly used term in LTUP to describe posts similar to what Leccy was responding to.
My post also made clear that that was my opinion (it reads... to me). I don't see how a personal opinion without references or insulting words sollicits an emotional response.

Furhtermore:
Leccy's post, which contains harsher wording and was a lot more extensive than mine, is not reported.
Whoever felt hurt, should feel as hurt by one post as the other, because "one of the saddest posts" (Leccy's wording) is quite a bit more explicit than the neutral and official term "Dunning-Kruger", and his post is full of very thinly veiled hints.

By no means do I want to implicate that Leccy would also deserve reporting, I feel that both mine and his posts are fine and within reason, and that the report against me is personally motivated and far-fetched.
I am fully aware that I alone am responsible for the content of my own post, and cannot derive any rights from other comparable posts not being reported, nor do I wish to do so.
I am just making the point that the person reporting, in being selective, undermines the validity of his claim of feeling emotionally sollicited. Therefore IMHO the report is frivolous.Not only unjust, but also frivolous.

Brgds, Bert
to remove ads between posts
Jul 10, 2020, 08:16 AM
RCG Admin
Link - https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7&postcount=87
Warning - Provocation
Aug 05, 2020, 01:59 PM
Shining a light on the hobby.
This one is pretty interesting. You can't get pointed to commenting about a post, but your reply is in reference to a condition that would apply to the person that made the post.
" The Dunning-Kruger effect is a type of cognitive bias in which people believe that they are smarter and more capable than they really are. Essentially, low ability people do not possess the skills needed to recognize their own incompetence"

So with that in mind I think your post could be justifiably warned by a moderator.

Quick Reply