This thread is privately moderated by patrickgw, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 08, 2020, 11:17 AM
Trader Rating: 163
Thread OP
Thanks Don!
to remove ads between posts
Jul 08, 2020, 11:21 AM
Trader Rating: 31
Your biggest problem will be balance. A brass hub would help. Fit a box for the battery ahead of the fire wall, servos as far forward as possible. The Outerzone link above shows a balance point. I suspect it's further forward than it needs to be; the original plan doesn't show a balance point, so on the MB version it's probably a boiler plate CG.

For the 40 four stroke, I would try an MA 12x4, maybe even 13x4. The original was designed for a Forster .99 swinging a 14 to 16 inch prop. You might get an old Saito 40-45 pretty cheap.
Jul 08, 2020, 06:47 PM
Thread OP
Thanks so much for the advice!
Jul 09, 2020, 02:55 PM
Trader Rating: 68
YES sal taibi hornet 88 (88 inch wing span)
I builded mine from plans great slow flyer I modified the LG for a more friendly one . word of advice double check CG they need a lot of weight in the nose to balance ,keep all the servos close to the nose ,I flown mine with a OS 61 fX engine ,as big and as heavy as it was due to the added weight to balance it , the .61 was more than enough power for it .if you put to much power you will have what they call duch roll or something like that ,mine did that in a few flights when I did apply a lot of power ,the wings will rocked side to side ,( you can see what I'm talking about in the video that JHFLYLOW upload, the guy applied full power to it to take off and this roll happened ,let the wing get speed and build lift and slow on elevator will take off by himself almost ,U can make the tail fin bigger to avoid this type of roll attitude but I build mine as per plan, and I got used to fly it like that , good luck ,
Last edited by amilcar; Jul 09, 2020 at 03:11 PM.
Jul 09, 2020, 02:59 PM
Thread OP
Thanks so much! Does yours have the elevator on only one side of the horizontal stab?
Jul 09, 2020, 03:20 PM
Trader Rating: 68
no it's a full elevator the plans were for free flight I modified that too ,I guess back then was no need for a Gim membership ,running behind this thing for miles will keep you fit !! , not my type of fun ,
they used to have the rudder make the plane go in circles all the plane was doing is climbing
anyway is a rare bird that you don't see everyday at the flying fields .
Jul 09, 2020, 07:10 PM
Trader Rating: 8
It's a vintage design 3 channel plane.

I believe it's a Carl Goldberg design.
Jul 09, 2020, 07:36 PM
Trader Rating: 31
Sal Taibi. FF, converted to RC.

Quick Reply