Jul 07, 2020, 05:02 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Indoor equipment

I have a lot of indoor equipment - servos, BL motors, ESCs, receivers (Deltang mainly), V911 bricks and TX, HiSky bricks and TX, pager motors with gearbox etc. A lot of it is new/unused. I haven't built or flown anything for two years now so best to move the equipment on. It will be a pain to sell it all piecemeal so I'd be interested to hear if anyone would be up for a bulk purchase? You could recover your cost by selling just a small amount of the stuff I'm sure. I also have a lot of equipment for micro quads but that is probably not of interest to this group. I'll make a list of some of the more high value equipment and snap pics of the rest.
to remove ads between posts
Nov 26, 2020, 08:47 AM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
Can you email me at [email protected] with pics. I’m interested thanks
Nov 26, 2020, 09:00 AM
Senior to who? Member
2nd interest [email protected] if LW does not buy
Nov 26, 2020, 03:45 PM
First off, shame to hear you coming to this conclusion Michael, you're one of the guys I looked up to! I still like the hobby (though spending much less time on it) so it's sort of sad to see someone leaving it behind.

Bulk would be tough for me but if there's anything remaining leave me a note.
Nov 26, 2020, 06:36 PM
Senior to who? Member
Agree with RNAF< sad day indeed. A few months ago I found out that Billy Stiltner was alive and well but had stopped doing RC, another innovator gone.
Nov 26, 2020, 10:37 PM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
This is a micro RC intervention
Nov 27, 2020, 08:27 AM
Michael has gone and come back before.... I scored a pile of servos and motors from him 10 or so years ago... I like others hope that the micro bug for him is only in remission.

-Fritz
Dec 02, 2020, 11:30 PM

Thanks for all the great info

It has been a pleasure learning from you, epilot. I was active in the early 2000's. Many great and inspirational posts. You will be missed.

John (jgardner back then)
Dec 04, 2020, 10:02 PM
Bashing Balsa
I did this once several years ago, I regret it, never get rid of stuff, just find more storage!
Dec 06, 2020, 02:38 PM
Thread OP
Thank you for your kind words and sorry I haven't responded sooner. I don't stop by here very often. There was no initial interest so I never made a list. I'm currently very busy with work so it's not likely I will have the time to do so for at least a couple of week.

Since November last year I have been self employed full-time. I run a laser cutting business (metal, wood & plastics). The plan is to branch into live steam model locomotives. i have just bought a CNC lathe and a CNC mill has been ordered. I have very little spare time - in fact I have not had a single day off for over 2 months now - so there has been no time for hobbies at all. It's hard work building up a business from scratch.

In addition to all the micro equipment I have a lot of NIB stuff that is suitable for larger indoor models or parkflyers. I've tried putting it up for sale here in Denmark but it seems nobody here scratchbuilds anymore. People just buy RTF models. I also have 8 full cartons of Depron Aero which is no longer made - no interest in that either.
Dec 06, 2020, 06:01 PM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
Do you have a direct email? I’m interested in your deltang boards and any coils or actuators. I’ll sell everything back to you down the road if your micro RC interest and time returns. Lw
Dec 07, 2020, 11:09 AM
Senior to who? Member
I will take the aero depron depending on thickness...and I dabble in all scales so get that list together.

Posting during covid no doubt did not help with people seeing and in my case I was busy selling a buying and selling a house and moving.
Dec 07, 2020, 01:08 PM
Pm about depron :]
Dec 07, 2020, 02:12 PM
Thread OP
Guys, unfortunately it will cost a fortune to ship Depron abroad. It's light so it would be charged on volume. Even a relatively small amount could easily cost over $100 to ship outside of Europe.
Dec 07, 2020, 07:14 PM
Hals und Beinbruch !!!!
What kind of deltang boards do you have? Any actuators or coils?

Quick Reply