Futaba Team Members

Futaba USA has cultivated the ultimate grouping of talented, knowledgeable RC pilots and drivers to represent Futaba. When selecting team members, we look for ambition, passion, motivation, and reliability as well as being skilled in their hobby. They are truly the best of the best.

Splash

FUTABA AMBASSADORS

Each year, Futaba selects a prestigious few Advocates and sanctions them to be official Futaba Ambassadors. These pilots and drivers are considered the faces of the Futaba Radio Control brand due to their talents and credibility on behalf of the Futaba name. At events, online, or even just at their local field/track, these are representatives of the Futaba Team that demonstrate the caliber of skill and knowledge an expert should.

Just a Few

A.J. Jaffe - My hobbies of choice include scale aerobatics (IMAC) and 3D helicopters - I especially enjoy them using my Futaba 18SZ transmitter and CGY760 gyro. I'm proud to have accomplished the title of 2018 IMAC Intermediate World Champion. My dad taught me to fly - I've been flying since I was nine - and I am lucky to have been able to turn my hobby into a career! I'm a huge Boston sports fan, especially hockey, and I have visited 36 states so far and hope to see them all. My favorite fields are AMA Headquarters in Muncie and Bear Mountain Flyers in California.

AC Glenn - My hobby of choice is model airplanes - my dad got me into the hobby and we still fly together. I love my Futaba 32MZ transmitter and am proudest of placing ninth at the 2017 F3A World Championship. I enjoy Top Golf and long walks on the beach, and I fly UAVs for a living. I am a hot wing connoisseur and have been working on my modeling career.

Andrew Jesky - My hobby of choice is flying precision aerobatics/IMAC 3D. Choosing a single favorite Futaba product would be difficult, but I can narrow it down to the 18MZ and all BLS servos. My proudest accomplishment is winning third place individual and first place team at 2011 F3A. I play hockey two or three times a week in an organized hockey league and I fly UAVs for work in Utah. When I'm getting ready to fly, I'm listening to country music through my headphones. My prized possessions are the memories I've made with my RC friends, and of all the places I've been fortunate enough to visit...Italy is my favorite. My favorite field is Clover Creek, TN.

Gary Schmidt - My hobby of choice is pylon racing with my Futaba 18SZ radio. I am a three-time AMA National Champion, and my airplane hobby/addition lead to my career as an Unmanned Aircraft Pilot/Instructor with a major defense contractor! I am married to Claudia Schmidt, the best thing that's ever happened to me. She's embraced my hobby and enjoys traveling with me (both to pylon racing events and on fun vacations that often involving beautiful sandy beaches.) I am a second-generation modeler who was taught to fly at age eight by my father, Jerry. I enjoy classic cars and plan on restoring a car of my own in the future, and my favorite teams are AZ Cardinals and AZ Diamondbacks. I also enjoy all forms of motorsports! My favorite track is Speedworld RC Flyers, Phoenix, AZ.

Kal 'Fiddy' Reifsnyder - I love to fly radio-controlled airplanes and play baseball; my favorite Futaba products are my HPS-A700 servos. I'm proud to have accomplished being the F3A Junior World Champion in 2019, and my favorite sports team is FSU. I love to fish, play video games, and have played baseball for 12+ years. My favorite field is Clover Creek Aerodrome.

Mitch Marozas - My hobby of choice is flying RC helicopters, especially with my Futaba CGY760 gyros. In 2016, I achieved my proudest accomplishment of 1st place Freestyle Global 3D. My secondary hobby is drag racing, and I enjoy cheering on the Chicago bears and my brother who plays football at Indiana University. I was once on the Nickelodeon show "Figure It Out" flying an RC helicopter, but nowadays my favorite field is Traffic Port Venlo.

Spencer Rivkin - My hobby of choice is RC car racing (favorite class is 2WD Buggy) which is made even better with my Futaba 7PX. I would say my two 2WD Off-Road World Championship victories are my proudest accomplishment. I'm a big New England Patriots fan and I enjoy bowling and football. I love checking out new food places when traveling the world and although my family is from the East Coast, I was born in AZ. I collect RC tools, mostly ones that are hard to come by such as the Brian Kinwald Carbon Handles, and the Old Trinity Blue handled ones. My favorite track is Hobby Action Raceway.

Meet Them All!

Head over to Futaba USA and see the whole team!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jul 07, 2020 at 05:20 PM..
Jul 07, 2020, 03:27 PM
Team Futaba
Good people all. Proud to be among them!!
Jul 08, 2020, 07:14 PM
Win some lose some
I haven't been flying much because of the virus. So I have been following rc car racing on youtube. Spencer Rivkin is awesome is all I can say. I was into rc car racing back in the 90's .It sure has come along way. There are some cool well made behind the scenes video's out there that show what kind of talent these factory drivers display. I think it's way harder than r/c competition flying, well right up there with it. Sometimes they race for well over an hour of total no mistake, nose to tail, no going back concentration. In my book at the moment Rivkin is one the best in offroad racing. My dream would be to take some lessons from Rivkin, or Ryan Mayfield. or Adam Drake
Last edited by pathfinder; Jul 08, 2020 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply