Oct 17, 2021, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by helizrnew2me
how long distance we talking ? how much vtx power you running?
I fly out over 7 miles and use the TBS Unify Pro 32 HV 5.8 GHz Video Transmitter [MMCX], which puts out over 1000 mw. I also use the Ghost 2.4 Long Range module with Atto Duo receivers. I could probably go even further out but I may not have enough battery to get back home. LOL

Terry
to remove ads between posts
Oct 17, 2021, 12:00 PM
and that ghost rx then in turn transmits to your goggles?
Oct 17, 2021, 12:29 PM
Quote:
and that ghost rx then in turn transmits to your goggles?
The Ghost rx sends telemetry to the radio only.

https://www.immersionrc.com/fpv-products/ghost/

Terry
Oct 22, 2021, 07:08 PM
when i use 4:3 mode i see alot of props ,barely any when i use 16:9 mode . is there a way to get my props more out of view when using 4:3 mode? does everyone experience this?
Oct 22, 2021, 08:44 PM
Quote:
when i use 4:3 mode i see alot of props ,barely any when i use 16:9 mode . is there a way to get my props more out of view when using 4:3 mode? does everyone experience this?
You need to tilt the camera down or up a little so the props won't be in the field of view of the camera lens.

Terry
Oct 23, 2021, 06:19 AM
i think it was a non issue when using my box goggles . i will have to check and verify .
Oct 24, 2021, 02:08 PM
dvr video .antennas used can be seen at start of video .
it was dark and overcast today so video is darker then i would like .
eachine ev3000 dvr video (6 min 31 sec)
Oct 25, 2021, 03:36 AM
dvr video with some signal breakup
eachine ev3000 dvr school bus lot (6 min 12 sec)
Oct 25, 2021, 07:24 PM
unRegistered User
Just got a new set of these but I'm having an odd screen issue.

Using the internal stock module it seems that the image is being cut off a bit in both 4:3 and 16:9. It looks like outside the main image, it's only blue. (not sure if I can get a good picture of what it looks like inside) I have some data fields on the edge of the video feed and they are cut off from the DVR image as can be seen in my posted image from one of my machines. This blue border is all around the image but smaller in size on top/bottom.

On the actual visual image I see the full 'DISABLED' lettering. I can also see a ghost D in blue to the left of the 'DISABLED' text in the blue border.

Never had anything like this on my old Fatsharks.

Cameras are mostly TX02/03's.

This sound familiar to anyone?

-P

FW1: V1.1.9
FW2: V01.02.00.04
HW: V> > > (No numbers were listed)
SN:.....

Edit - I added a picture from the view from the goggle image showing the blue border
Last edited by pwkpete; Oct 26, 2021 at 09:46 AM.
Feb 12, 2022, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwkpete
Just got a new set of these but I'm having an odd screen issue.
Did you ever get to the bottom of the blue border issue? I have a pair that do the same thing and it's doing me head in.
Feb 12, 2022, 02:35 PM
unRegistered User
I returned it

Ended up getting another set and this one doesn't have it, maybe just a tiny bit but nothing like the original I got. I guess it is somewhat common...
Feb 12, 2022, 03:53 PM
not common .pretty sure mine are fine .i will have a look and report back soon.
Feb 12, 2022, 04:11 PM
unRegistered User
Common enough where many have this issue (you ae lucky you don't), even Bardwell had a bit of this effect on the pair he reviewed - I asked him.
Nov 28, 2023, 05:38 AM
I picked one up for next to nothing, and I feel I may still have overpaid . Terrible reception, white flashes, sync losses, like many of you described. I hoped I would get lucky, but I guess I didnt.

Two questions; has anyone tried a different analog module in these goggles, does that help? Is it even possible to use something like a wildfire or fusion?

Secondly, is anyone using this with HDMI in? I got my goggles with a walksnail VRX, but I dont have a WS drone yet to test with yet. The screens and optics of this goggle seem pretty nice, so Im hoping even if I cant fix the analog issue, this would make a cheap/good digital goggle.
Nov 29, 2023, 04:52 AM
To answer my own question; yes a wildfire module works in these goggles. It does solve the issue of white flashes and sync loss, its actually a pretty nice goggle now.

Quick Reply