Old Jul 06, 2020, 04:53 PM
Jorihuela27
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Cross-posting.
Jul 06, 2020, 05:02 PM
Link dosen't work
Jul 06, 2020, 05:06 PM
I am sorry about your loss man, that is really a bummer if it is equipment failure that others have experienced. I was about to get one but I will wait until either we get a formal response from powerbox about what might be causing this issue or if there is a fix or maybe a solution to preventing this from even happening if it is just a ghost. I just began the journey to getting my dream jet a CARF Ultra Flash Evo and I don't mind putting in somewhat pricey equipment if it means I get reliable gear because seriously I would be furious if I lost it like that.

Will have to wait and see now what comes of it. If not, I will have to go with the offerings from AR or maybe wait to see if a new version of the pioneer comes out for DSMX or maybe just get my damn futaba already LOL.

Also, the link doesn't work.
Jul 06, 2020, 05:19 PM
Thread OP
https://forum.powerbox-systems.com/f...18mz/&pageNo=1
Jul 06, 2020, 05:20 PM
Thread OP
Try the link again
Jul 06, 2020, 05:23 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom 3D
I am sorry about your loss man, that is really a bummer if it is equipment failure that others have experienced. I was about to get one but I will wait until either we get a formal response from powerbox about what might be causing this issue or if there is a fix or maybe a solution to preventing this from even happening if it is just a ghost. I just began the journey to getting my dream jet a CARF Ultra Flash Evo and I don't mind putting in somewhat pricey equipment if it means I get reliable gear because seriously I would be furious if I lost it like that.

Will have to wait and see now what comes of it. If not, I will have to go with the offerings from AR or maybe wait to see if a new version of the pioneer comes out for DSMX or maybe just get my damn futaba already LOL.

Also, the link doesn't work.

If you just got your DREAM JET I highly recommend not using any of the SRS that has the igyro in the system. Use a cortex Gyro. Any powerbox unit without the iGyro I think you will be fine.
Jul 06, 2020, 05:50 PM
I am terribly sorry to hear about your loss, I have a Pilot RC Predator 2.2 as well and would be devastated. I can't speak on the units with the IGyro, but my Powerbox Cockpit SRS has worked great for the last couple of years (just adding that as a data point as we try to sort this out)..

I hope you get some satisfaction.
Jul 06, 2020, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your crash. Is there a yellow dot on the box that your Mercury shipped in? The yellow dot is also on the bottom side of the Mercury unit. My understanding is that the yellow dot indicates the unit has the updated hardware that Richard Deutsch described in the chat group as the fix for the Mercury SRS gyro.
Jul 06, 2020, 09:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patniven
Sorry to hear about your crash. Is there a yellow dot on the box that your Mercury shipped in? The yellow dot is also on the bottom side of the Mercury unit. My understanding is that the yellow dot indicates the unit has the updated hardware that Richard Deutsch described in the chat group as the fix for the Mercury SRS gyro.

My box has a red and green dot on it. Any idea what that means?
Jul 06, 2020, 09:49 PM
Thread OP
Quote:

Richard didn’t even care to point that out to me thank you for mentioning this to me I just recovered everything after a 2 day search of the plane and my PowerBox has a green dot which means doesn’t have the updated version from Richard
Jul 06, 2020, 10:07 PM
So can you give us more information about your setup please. What receivers where you running? Did this happen before or after you turned on the gyro? What servos were you using, what frame rate did you have the mercury set at, were there any holds or fades on your mercury.

The only reason I ask is that I fly both Futaba (18mz) and Jeti (DS16) and have the powerbox royals and mercury's in my jets. Not a problem at all with any of them. I also have several friends that have the mercury in their turbines, with the gyro turned on and none of us have had any problems with the unit. Just trying to help you get to the bottom of this issue as I do not think it was the powerbox that caused the issue. As far as the plane shutting down, I also have a cheetah in my kingcat with a powerbox and if you accidentally set the powerbox channel to hold and not FS then the engine won't shut down as it wil hold it at its last power setting.

Also never seen a mercury with a green or red dot mine have always had the yellow dot.

Patrick
Jul 06, 2020, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supercruise
My box has a red and green dot on it. Any idea what that means?
My Mercury SRSs with GPS module (model 4110) all have a yellow dot. I have one Mercury SRS that was ordered without a GPS (model 4120) and it has a red and green dot. I don't know the answer, but I think my non-GPS model may be an older build.
Jul 06, 2020, 11:00 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirrom
So can you give us more information about your setup please. What receivers where you running? Did this happen before or after you turned on the gyro? What servos were you using, what frame rate did you have the mercury set at, were there any holds or fades on your mercury.

The only reason I ask is that I fly both Futaba (18mz) and Jeti (DS16) and have the powerbox royals and mercury's in my jets. Not a problem at all with any of them. I also have several friends that have the mercury in their turbines, with the gyro turned on and none of us have had any problems with the unit. Just trying to help you get to the bottom of this issue as I do not think it was the powerbox that caused the issue. As far as the plane shutting down, I also have a cheetah in my kingcat with a powerbox and if you accidentally set the powerbox channel to hold and not FS then the engine won't shut down as it wil hold it at its last power setting.

Also never seen a mercury with a green or red dot mine have always had the yellow dot.

Patrick
Patrick thanks for reaching out and I appreciate your feedback since all of your units have the yellow dot it means your units have the update from Richard that won’t cause this problem. In my Pilot Rc Predator Im running

Futaba 18MZ
2 7003 receivers as the SRS manual recommends
2 LiPo 7.4v. Batteries
Everything in the powerbox unit was set as instructed in the manual and the YouTube video.
Turbine channel was set at F/S because prior to maiden I tested it by turning off my transmitter and the turbine immediately shutdown. I’m 1000% sure the powerbox cause my crash it has happened to 15 other pilots in the link I provided.

I attached a photo of my unit with the green dot

Also as long as you have yellow you’re good to go you have the patch that won’t cause this problem
Jul 06, 2020, 11:01 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
My Mercury SRSs with GPS module (model 4110) all have a yellow dot. I have one Mercury SRS that was ordered without a GPS (model 4120) and it has a red and green dot. I don't know the answer, but I think my non-GPS model may be an older build.
If you have a red and green dot you have the version that causes this problem your yellow sticker units have the updated patch so your yellow ones are good to go be careful with the non gps one
Jul 06, 2020, 11:37 PM
How old was your Powerbox Mercury SRS? was it purchased new?

Reading that link Richard seems to blame everyone but his product.. I'll just stick to the simple options in Gyro's either the AS3000 or Cortex Pro.

Quick Reply