Jul 05, 2020, 09:01 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Receiver Protocol Question

Please forgive me if this question should be posted elsewhere. I'm new to the forum. I can see there is vast knowledge on the site.

I'm in the process of connecting a RadioMaster TX16S transmitter to my models. I am new to Open TX, but I'm getting comfortable with it and really like that it will bind to a variety receiver brands.
One of the obstacles I face is finding the receiver protocols for certain models. I seem stuck on finding info for 4 RC boat models.
Does anyone know the receiver protocols used for the following RTR boat models?

Feilun FT011.................Receiver/ESC Combo
Feilun FT012.................Reciever/ESC Combo
Skytech H-100..............Receiver/ESC Combo
RedCat Racing K-12... Receiver/ESC Combo...L3020...(Used in my Midwest Products Lobster Boat)

Any advice at all about how find these protocols will be appreciated.
Thank You
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2020, 11:12 AM
Thread OP

RedCat L3020-GB Protocol Reply

I connected with Redcat about the L3020-GB ESC/Receiver combo protocol. I must compliment them on their rapid willingness to help answer the question. But alas, their response indicates that this model is quite old (they are correct) and will only bind to the stock transmitter.

If I find further info., I'll post it for those who might be interested in the Feilun FT 012 and FT 011 protocols.
It would be nice to be able to reduce the number of transmitters I carry on site by using a multi-protocol transmitter.
Aug 04, 2020, 04:08 PM
Thread OP

No info for Skytech or Feilun Boat Protocols

I reached out to Feilun about their FT011 and FT012 protocols. But no reply.
I could not connect with Skytech. Their site must not like my computer. It would not accept my return email address.

I think my next move should be to gradually outfit the boats with name brand receivers with known protocols (and esc as needed).

BTW: Most of you probably know already...but...there's good info about a range of topics for the Feilun FT12 and Skytech H100 in the Micro Boat section of RC Groups. Lots of great talent and experience on the site.

Quick Reply