This thread is privately moderated by Aussie Pete, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 03, 2020, 06:25 AM
Thread OP
Discussion

Electric North Star

I have been flying water planes for a number of years now .
My most recent model the large Sea Master 120 scratch build is just a great model to fly and handles the water so well.
After completing the North Star , I now have a favorite water plane.
It tracked perfectly in the water trials and first flew with a 4000 mAh 3S lipo with slow flying speed.
Second flight was very impressive with a 5000 mAh 6S lipo. What a joy to fly....and land on water.
I modified / raised the motor pylon 3 inch higher to accommodate a 12 inch prop and glad I did.
Apart from a couple clicks of down trim it flew perfectly straight ...power on or off.
Motor is a Eflite power 32 running a 11 x 7 3 blade prop...60 amp esc and 5000 mAh 6S lipo .
All up weight is 90 oz...quite light really.....it glides / floats around without power on surprisingly well.

(2 min 17 sec)
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply