This thread is privately moderated by old4570, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jul 01, 2020, 08:20 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Happenings Thursday 2 July 2020

OMPHobby S720 in the wind (5 min 13 sec)
= OMPHobby S720 with Carbon 6x3 Full video

Walkera QR W100s (1 min 40 sec)
= Walkera QR W100s retro quad .

Volantex Sport Cub 500 ..

I took it out a few days ago to the football field so I had some hoon space . And the Sport Cub wont roll for
So I thought about it . And the path of least resistance seemed to be a Aileron extension . ( Pictured ) .
I guess one could cut the wing off (?) . But I thought an Aileron extension might also do something to help the roll rate which is almost non existent .
Just need to wait for some decent weather .

Walkera QR W100s ..

?? What a pile of junk ! Was it ever considered to be good ? I had forgotten all about this quad till about a month ago when I spot'ed it and thought = Oh yeah ! Now it has been a long time since I flew this . And I could not remember what it was like . After having flown it outside the other day , the W100s might be ok indoors . ( Maybe ) Honestly I can't believe it was a over $100 quad , cos it flies like a sub $20 quad . In fact many sub $20 quads fly better !
If mem serves I put a few batteries through it and put it away ! Till now . I remember I got this one when there was a huge sale at HK and it was seriously discounted . How would I rate it now = Best avoided !

Stuff ..

Hmm , hopefully stuff I have ordered gets here . That Covid 19 powered snail mail is proving to be disappointing . I had to chase up several missing orders which apparently were returned to the vendor ( who failed to inform me or refund me till I chased the missing orders ) .

I did get my WL Toys F949 flight control board , and it works ( Thankfully not DOA ) . Ordered several props , also that new XK A160 , as well a small balsa RC plane = R03 mini stick . Also ordered the new to me Baofeng UV-9R .. ( Nothing has interested me since the GT3 tri power ) . Be interesting to see if Baofeng can actually improve their products , or maybe it's just more of the same in a different wrapper ?
Last edited by old4570; Jul 02, 2020 at 09:43 PM.
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply