This thread is privately moderated by 1sunshine, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 29, 2020, 11:28 PM
Trader Rating: 109
Flying away...
Thread OP
$900.00 USD
Seller Pays Shipping
For Sale

Beautiful Mikado Logo 500 VBAR, Scorpion, Savox, Kontronik HV

This heli was built by a master builder (not me - I've just been flying it!), all wires encased in black mesh, grounding straps set up, etc. It hovers and flies like a dream - ridiculously stable, beautiful bird. At low headspeed it's incredibly well flying and smooth. At high headspeeds, 3D is no problem. Everybody I know who flies a Mikado loves it... and this is no exception.

Basically the dream setup. Savox servos, Kontronik ESC, Scorpion motor, VBAR...

Specs:
- Mikado Logo 500 stock kit with 550 tail assembly (belt drive)
- Scorpion Mikado 4020 motor
- Kontronik 80HV ESC - Kontronik heat sink included but not attached
- Savox 1257 Servos
- Mini Blue Mikado VBAR FBL unit
- Align 520's on the head --- NOT SHOWN IN PHOTOS. The Edge blades on the head are NOT INCLUDED.
- Edge 95's on the tail

EXTRA PARTS I am including:
- 2x stock tail blades
- Mikado 40mm control rod
- Mikado Herringbone replacement gear
- Mikado main shaft
- Mikado tail shaft
- Extra landing skids
- Extra ball links for the swash
AND MORE... lots of extra bits & bobs that I have for this heli

The prices for a new setup are:
- Kit: $500+
- Motor: $200 https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=scorpion+4020
- ESC: $400 https://www.amainhobbies.com/kontron...ro80hv/p387174
- Servos $250 https://www.amainhobbies.com/search?s=Savox+1257+Servos
- VBAR $200
- Align & Edge Blades $100
- Extras at least $150

= total $1,800+

I've personally only flown it about 5 times. I need something more powerful for harder 3D... my loss is your gain!
Note the end of this video --- I just needed to set the gyro gain higher, problem solved. Had a little tail wobble and decided to land to be very safe just in case!

Dan's second flight Mikado Logo 500 (2 min 54 sec)

YOU WILL NEED: A radio, 6S batt (recommended ~3300-4000mah), and either a Futaba (or other) RX or Spektrum Satellites x 2 for the VBAR.

Looking for $900 shipped USA - including AK & HI. Will consider reasonable offers. PAYPAL ONLY. I'll eat PP fees. MUST be PayPal verified shipping address. Obviously some of it will be broken down for shipment. Due to the nature of this hobby, sale is FINAL. PM me, ask away any questions you have!

Thanks!
Last edited by 1sunshine; Jul 01, 2020 at 10:30 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 29, 2020, 11:34 PM
Flying away...
Thread OP
Also - I will transfer the VBAR license to you so you can set it up with the VStabi software to your liking. For the video I had it on the medium agility setting, and roughly 80% gyro gain.
Jun 29, 2020, 11:37 PM
Trader Rating: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sunshine
Looking for $1,000 shipped USA
Man, you know how bad I'd feel putting that one in the dirt?

Nice setup for sure there.
Jun 29, 2020, 11:41 PM
Flying away...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14

Watch the end of the video. I got real concerned the belt was loose or something! Turned out to be a simple gyro gain adjustment. I was sweating bullets for a few seconds there!

Thanks!
Jun 29, 2020, 11:45 PM
Flying away...
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14

Also keep in mind the electronics generally survive. This setup has lots of high quality pieces (motor,ESC,vbar...)...

A crash is just an excuse to get a new kit and pop the electronics in
Jun 30, 2020, 02:34 PM
Flying away...
Thread OP
All PMs replied - yes I will accept offers. Yes there is a cosmetic blemish on the canopy - you can see it in the first pic - a little paint chipped off. Purely cosmetic. All the spare parts are brand new except for one extra set of the tail blades was flown... most of the stuff is NIP.

Quick Reply