Approaching 2 Million Views! What Did You Do in RC Today?

What to join a daily discussion thread about RC? This thread is for you!

Splash

The "What Did You Do in RC Today?" is an RC monster that can't be stopped!

*Main image photographed by: Blaze0021

There are a lot of threads on RCGroups with a staggering amount of posts and views. This thread is something that I see almost daily.

The Original Idea

Here is the first post by RCGroups user "ooOoo" that started this runaway thread :

I'd like to start a thread for us to chit chat about general RC stuff we do on a daily basis, like things that don't fit anywhere else or aren't worth starting a new thread for. There can be a lot learned from this type of thread by seeing what other people are doing and asking how they did it or where they got it.

So basically anything RC related goes - if you bought a new plane, bought parts, started to build a plane, finished a plane, repaired a plane, balanced a prop, cleaned your shop, built a new plane rack or work bench, found a new tool that works really good, went to a swap meet, anything... go ahead and post about it. If you did something to a specific plane that is posted in another thread, post a link so we can go check it out.

So Many Posts!

This thread is pretty amazing:

• 1,915,342 views (to date)
  • Over 75,000 views
  • 50 Pages of images (link here)

Take Look!

If you aren't already a part of this thread head on over and take a look. You might like it as much as all the other users that frequent it every day!

Last edited by Jim T. Graham; Jun 29, 2020 at 01:15 PM..
Jun 29, 2020, 08:16 PM
Sokol
I vote to give ooOoo an award for his contribution !
Latest blog entry: Weasel-EVO
Jun 29, 2020, 11:08 PM
Thread OP
I was thinking the same thing. I'll get Jason to turn on a 12-month Plus account in the morning.
Jun 30, 2020, 07:37 AM
Wow. That thread has more posts than me!

Andy
Jun 30, 2020, 08:44 AM
RCG Admin
Just turned on his 12 month Plus Membership!
Jun 30, 2020, 08:48 AM
Sokol
Thanks Jason !!!

this could become a regular " Outstanding contributing member appreciation award "
Latest blog entry: Weasel-EVO
Jun 30, 2020, 09:33 AM
RCG Admin
Yep! We do give them out from time to time for these reasons.
Jun 30, 2020, 09:48 AM
OR A new plane each month for a year. Wow you did say [ Yes of course ].....
Jun 30, 2020, 10:11 AM
DFS#000178
It's a dumpster fire.

And I'm happy to have contributed to that dumpster fire.

Jun 30, 2020, 10:42 AM
Thread OP
If you see a user that you think deserves a Plus Account just shoot me a PM.
Jul 01, 2020, 08:06 PM
Fly planes, Be happy
Awesome, thanks guys! I've learned a lot about RC planes and made several good friends through the WDYDRCT thread!

My good friend rikybob pointed me to this thread since I'm currently on a 16 day vacation with our closest internet being a 25 mile drive, so my access to the forum lately has been very limited. I will have many hours of catching up to do once I get back home
Jul 01, 2020, 10:37 PM
Thread OP
Thank you and enjoy your vacay!

Quick Reply