This thread is privately moderated by kablake, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 27, 2020, 10:01 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Some Updates..

Hi All,

Since the last post had some major life events that have slowed me down in the hobby a bit. I moved in May 2019 from eastern PA to just east of the City Of Pittsburgh to be near relatives. That was a move that took a lot of time and effort. Then had thyroid surgery due to cancer in Jan 2020. After that I finally got my shop setup and am working on a Kaos 60. I bought a few OS 61FSR engines on here quite a while ago, rebuilt them and I wanted something to put one in so I am building a Kaos to put it in with a Jett Muffler. Have another Kaos 60 in the queue I plan to try and duplicate the one from the 90s, engine included, a Fox Eagle IV 74. The radio will be a modern FHSS Futaba.

Well, with the move, health and weather issues I have not flown for 18 months, last time was the fall of 2018 before the move. That is until about 3 weeks ago. Took the PT-40 out and it has been quite windy here lately and have not had really good days to fly. But I had to do it. Well very windy day, way to much wind. Once off the ground it went straight up into the sky. It is a trainer after all. Got it down in one piece, about a week later it was much better but still a bit windy, at least got 3 flights in. Been a few weeks since then with no decent days that I have been free. Weather is wacked lately.. Windy and rain today...

I added a few graphics to the Stik, Monokote on Monokote, that one has not flown since the fall of 2018. Hope to get it up soon. But want to get rid of the rust flying the PT-40 a few more times.

Well here are some photos.. Enjoy..

Later..
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply