This plane will turn the airline industry upside down
555 passengers and up to 800 on two decks
tranatlantic possible saunas beds bars way to go

EAT your heart out Boing you missed the new boat in town
with your gas gusseler 737

And the realy blow away Boeing numbers are

needs 1/3 of the fuel to go the same distance

as boeing 747 per passenger mile kilometre

potensial 3 litres to 100 km per passenger(100 miles to gal passenger mile)

versus 747 9 litre per 100 miles (30 miles to gal gal passenger mile)

The gas gusseller boeing in todays increasing fuel prices are suddenly prehistoric JUNK

looks like Boeing will go the same way as the FORD american mustang car
only purchased in USA
lost the worlds markets
lost the plot

BOEing must be asleep at the wheel

Ralf in euroland
Apr 27, 2005, 09:55 AM
Look Up
Don't you think it is too soon to jump to conclusions? They need to sell lots of them to make a profit. I hope they will, but it is too soon to tell.
Apr 27, 2005, 10:05 AM
I hope the tone of your post is due to a translation effect. Cause I'm getting an anti Boeing and Ford and maybe US slant from your post. If you're trying to say the A380 is more fuel efficient than the 747, cost less to operate per passenger mile etc than OK. But if you're posting to flame US products put your suit on.
Apr 27, 2005, 10:05 AM
UN Earth peoples true enemy
Thread OP

Naw the fuel figures will sell the plane

its simple maths

if plane takes off half loaded say 300 people it will still use only use the same amount of fuel as the same 747 with 300 people on board and so will still have a break even cost flight

so on the good days when the plane is full with 555 passenges against the average 747 with 400 passengers the A380 will use only the same amount or less of fuel approx as the 747 but carry 150 extra paying passengers

ITS WIN WIN WIN

The preorders are already up to minimum profit levels I think 100 planes or something like that
and todays fact it fly
will probably push a whole wave of buyers to them especialy now as liquid fuel seems doomed to rise in costs

BUT IT HAD TO FLY ON ITS FIRST FLIGHT

Ralf
Apr 27, 2005, 10:17 AM
Human Like You
Why buy a kit when you can scratch build a 3.5 meter A380 out of depron sheet? This is quite possibly one of the most impressive and totally insane build threads I've seen on RCGroups.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...highlight=a380
Apr 27, 2005, 10:20 AM
Nothing like taking the maiden flight of a beautiful, BIG plane to bash an American company. Sadly, that's SOP for many on this board though.

Nice plane Airbus. Congratulations.

Kurt
Apr 27, 2005, 10:27 AM
Motor Maniac
Airbus was able to build this only because it is EXTREMELY heavily subsidized the the EU. There will only be a few dozen airports it can fly into (that have gates to accomodate it), so don't write Boeing off so fast. Personally I hate large planes, takes forever to board. The thought of 800 passengers all trying to get onto the same plane, even with multiple jetways, makes me cringe.
Apr 27, 2005, 11:00 AM
Oh Treehog, your performance numbers and economic analysis are serious flawed. And comparing the A380 to Boeing’s 737 (a 140 pax jet) is like comparing an apple to a ham.

The 380 is an impressive airplane, but it only fills one little aviation niche.

Pete
Apr 27, 2005, 11:26 AM
Oops get the hot glue gun
Airbus - The ultimate radio controlled airplanes. On full scale I prefer to have the flight controls actually connected to the control surfaces not a computer, like Boeing has been doing for 60+ years.

Oops: Ctrl-Alt-Delete

I've flown in A320's many times but can't get the above video out of my head when I buckle-up.

Gary D.
Apr 27, 2005, 11:26 AM
Thread OP
Figure if boing rolled out the plane we would never hear the end about how great...............

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockbus
I hope the tone of your post is due to a translation effect. Cause I'm getting an anti Boeing and Ford and maybe US slant from your post. If you're trying to say the A380 is more fuel efficient than the 747, cost less to operate per passenger mile etc than OK. But if you're posting to flame US products put your suit on.
You guys are so defensive

look it not my fualt that ford mustang is the must have dream car

but everybody buys the jap stuff because the MPG is better

Its not my fault ford cant sell dreams

The reality is ford once had the lead and they blew it

Boing once had the lead and looks set to blow it

airbus might have a tempory lead
but knowing the japs thew will blow everybody away with a 1 litre to100km per passenger plane

The stories a simple story
one apon a time there was a country that refused to listin to the rest of the world whining about wasting fossil fuels and CO2 etc etc

they continued to produce prehistoric gas guzzeler junk
that nobody else wanted
and their world market shares on products dropped to zero
and finanly they imported everthing and manufactuered nothing

were they happy now selling dreams in a bottle ???

no they shouted down any non american that shows they might be losing the plot

I am not responsible for the managment decions of boeing or airbus

I am not responsible that the rest of the
car plane buying market has decided that

GAS GUSSELERS ARE DEAD MEAT

Amerca will have to for a few years eat parrifin fumes from airbus as europeans had to from jumbo
until japanese produce a better plane than that
and we can all eat japanese fumes

Ralf
Apr 27, 2005, 12:01 PM
Treehog,

Have you ever heard of the 787??? This aircraft is promised to be 30% more efficient than current airliners. This goes to show you that Boeing is aware of making airliners efficient otherwise how would they have already gotten over 200 orders for this plane. Also both Air Canada and Air India made massive orders for both 777 and 787. Like Robert Milton, CEO of Air Canada, said this week, "two engines are better than four."

Al
Apr 27, 2005, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsiang
Treehog,

Have you ever heard of the 787??? This aircraft is promised to be 30% more efficient than current airliners.
Al
So far, the 787 is 52% carbon reinforced plastic by weight--a far higher percentage than any other airliner.

It will also be the first "electric jet", using electricity rather than engine bleed air for major functions. We're talking MAJOR electricity here as it takes a nominal 700HP (not a typo) to simply pressurize the aircraft . The Airbus 380 can produce 840KVA of electricity while the 787 will produce 1,450 KVA even though it weighs 2.5X less than the Airbus. Boeing is banking on new electric motor technology (thank you hybrids!) figuring it will only get better while pneumatic technology has been maxed out.

Anyways, different animals for different niches. Both are beautiful aircraft.

This electricity thing is only going to grow. Eventually they want to get to electro-actuated moving surfaces, doing away with (flammable) hydraulics altogether. There's already a modified F-16 (I think) flying with these actuators on some surfaces. Also, they are working on fighter engines with integral megawatt-class generators to power (still black) weapons systems that are evolving nicely.

Kurt
Last edited by Fishnut; Apr 27, 2005 at 12:38 PM.
Apr 27, 2005, 12:32 PM
Takka-Takka-Takka
Yeah, thanks a lot for taking the shine off a good day for aviation with petty nationalistic squabbling. At least we had the chance to see the maiden flight in a positive light this morning before this thread started.
Latest blog entry: A tale of two workshops
Apr 27, 2005, 01:21 PM
The Young Man
here here Leccyflyer.... its a great day for aviation fans no matter what!

eX
Apr 27, 2005, 03:03 PM
Thread OP

Nothing nationlist here

pure plane stuff

If the Russians or Japs or Amercans produce a plane tha is more fuel effencient per passenger mile than the A380 I will shout it praises just as loud
but i will wait until it flys first

A potensial three fold fuel effency over the 747 is stunning to say the least
I am aware of the 787 and assumming it fulfills it promises it will be an interesting challenger for that sector of the market

But ultimatly all avation gains when planes are much more frugal with fuel than any other modes of transport
to the extent that it becomes uneconomic
to use cars or SUV 15litres per 100km and cars get used for local transport only

but hellls bells the flight of this plane means
we ant seen nothing yet
wait for the 1000 seat version
and expect mega drops in air transport costs
on the airports that can accomadate the 747
as the A380 has the same footprint roughly as the 747
so with a few minor modification to ramps lots of airports will suit the A380

Ultimatly the plane builders dont build planes for fun they build them for $ and us joes opinions as non plane buyers counts for very little

except way to go

if I drank I would get a bottle of french champers
but I dont so will have to settle for a spanish orange juice

Cheers

Ralf

Quick Reply