Jun 25, 2020, 02:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRIGHT
shepflyr, it has as3x and SAFE flight modes tuned with the 637 receiver. One set of gains works for both styles of flying, so no need for another flight mode.
Great! Makes sense...and is easier to fly that way.
Thanks!!

Tom
to remove ads between posts
Jun 25, 2020, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoweredrc
It is very pretty. they done well on it. I do kinda wish they had left the canopy clear so i could added a pilot., but you might not even be able to access that area.
I love the new color scheme very much...really cool!

Of course, I like the old one, too. The blue and white are nice, and the bright orange helps maintain orientation in evening light.

It would be neat to have a clear canopy so you could add a pilot. And the plane should have more than enough power to take the little added weight. But you do not have access to it. The battery hatch is on top up front, and you can't get to the canopy area from underneath...even with the bottom wing off. You would have to remove the canopy to put the pilot in.

I suspect they kept it solid foam to strengthen the fuse during wild 3D and other quick aerobatic maneuvers. Even my older Ultimate 2 will do maneuvers that I'm sure put stress on the airframe!

Tom
Jun 25, 2020, 03:36 PM
What's that mustang in the etalk video? It has a blue nose and an 'N' on the tail. Is it a sneak preview of a new scheme/future release from eflite for the 1.2 m size? Or was it just some random other guy flying at that field?
Jun 25, 2020, 03:39 PM
It goes by at about 7:53 in the flight talk video sorry....
Jun 25, 2020, 03:39 PM
Now for the real question. This or the Timber X? The Night aspect doesnít do much for me until fall and it starts getting dark early.

Had held off on the Timber X because I didnít want to displace my current favorite which is my modified Visionaire with a Power 25 that I run on 4s. Was about to pull the trigger then this comes along. Good work guys.
Jun 25, 2020, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireJoe
What's that mustang in the etalk video? It has a blue nose and an 'N' on the tail. Is it a sneak preview of a new scheme/future release from eflite for the 1.2 m size? Or was it just some random other guy flying at that field?

The current 1.2m version
Jun 25, 2020, 04:37 PM
32 yrs. Of aircraft Flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shepflyr
I love the new color scheme very much...really cool!

Of course, I like the old one, too. The blue and white are nice, and the bright orange helps maintain orientation in evening light.

It would be neat to have a clear canopy so you could add a pilot. And the plane should have more than enough power to take the little added weight. But you do not have access to it. The battery hatch is on top up front, and you can't get to the canopy area from underneath...even with the bottom wing off. You would have to remove the canopy to put the pilot in.

I suspect they kept it solid foam to strengthen the fuse during wild 3D and other quick aerobatic maneuvers. Even my older Ultimate 2 will do maneuvers that I'm sure put stress on the airframe!

Tom
Kinda what I figured, and I wasn't even thinking about that canopy being foam. it doesn't really look foam in the videos, pictures, but i have the mamba 10 and that is how it is its all foam as part of the fuse.

Jason answered my question in the live video today said this plane should be in stock and shipping in 2-3 weeks. it got delayed a little.. Man i wish i lived near and were friends with someone who already had one i need get this one in my hands for some flights...

really enjoyed Pilot Ryans flight video of his and the assembly video also

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinGlass
Now for the real question. This or the Timber X? The Night aspect doesn’t do much for me until fall and it starts getting dark early.

Had held off on the Timber X because I didn’t want to displace my current favorite which is my modified Visionaire with a Power 25 that I run on 4s. Was about to pull the trigger then this comes along. Good work guys.
Honestly, I would say do you want a trainer looking plane that will shock folks when your 3D'ing it at the field.
or do you want a bipe. if i had to decide between the two and didn't mind waiting another few weeks i would probably go with the Ultimate, but i just love bi planes. I love both my Timber X planes but I know the bipe will do some maneuvers better I am sure.
Jun 25, 2020, 04:49 PM
well, there goes my beer money for the month.

With the reversing ESC - can it nose hover?
Jun 25, 2020, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nappyroots2182
The current 1.2m version
A custom repaint then I guess? Because the current 1.2 mustang looks like a zebra and doesn't have a blue nose, nor does the 1.5 m. Oh well, doesn't even make sense that they'd bring out yet another mustang this year...
Jun 25, 2020, 06:05 PM
32 yrs. Of aircraft Flying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_N
well, there goes my beer money for the month.

With the reversing ESC - can it nose hover?
No... It is pretty much like the Night timber X pretty cool for on the ground backing up. but these planes weigh to much to fly backwards.
waiting for when they release the update so i can add the reverse to my 3D foamy profile plane with Avian esc that should be fun in the skys.
Jun 25, 2020, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitfireJoe
A custom repaint then I guess? Because the current 1.2 mustang looks like a zebra and doesn't have a blue nose, nor does the 1.5 m. Oh well, doesn't even make sense that they'd bring out yet another mustang this year...
I zoomed in, same nose stripes, numbers, everything. Maybe the sun is affecting what you think is the blue nose. It's just the current 1.2 I see. I hope anyway
Jun 25, 2020, 07:17 PM
This Ultimate is another Eflite home run I think! Was wanting the earlier version but heard it was underpowered. Wasn't crazy about the earlier color scheme either. So I passed. But Mike McConville designed a sound airframe so I'm happy Eflite has re-issued it with improvements!

Ps: Also appreciate the nod to the very first Eflite Ultimate (balsa / Ultracote covered) by using the color swapped scheme! Looks great!
Jun 25, 2020, 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Worsham
This Ultimate is another Eflite home run I think! Was wanting the earlier version but heard it was underpowered. Wasn't crazy about the earlier color scheme either. So I passed. But Mike McConville designed a sound airframe so I'm happy Eflite has re-issued it with improvements!

Ps: Also appreciate the nod to the very first Eflite Ultimate (balsa / Ultracote covered) by using the color swapped scheme! Looks great!
Plane was not underpowered,did all of the 3D moves....
E FLITE ULTiMATE-2 Close Hovering and Harrying in yard (2 min 24 sec)
Jun 25, 2020, 08:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalecheek1
Plane was not underpowered,did all of the 3D moves....https://youtu.be/AjoUyd0_jeg
Things are much different at 5000' ASL on a summer day when density altitude is 8 or 9k'. 4s makes up for that.
Jun 25, 2020, 10:52 PM
Is the ESC accessible and relatively easy to swap out. I'm loving this airframe - but prefer a different brand ESC/telemetry.

Quick Reply