Feb 20, 2021, 05:54 PM
easycrash
I repainted the heli in fluorescente yellow, first try didn’t like it as paint didn’t come out yellow, bought new spray paint from Home Depot and i like this one better, but it needs 2 coats of primer and this has just one, but still looks good for me.
Next one is in green for the yellow canopy heli

Hope that OMP comes with this idea to offer different colors, yellow specially
Could that be possible?

This is a short video that shows how it looks, it is windy and freezing here in Raleigh, almost crash because of wind gusts

OMP M1 fluorescente yellow color (1 min 25 sec)
Last edited by salrica; Feb 20, 2021 at 06:00 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Feb 20, 2021, 06:20 PM
The horror! Sacrilege, that is.
Feb 20, 2021, 07:07 PM
easycrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by elub
The horror! Sacrilege, that is.
LOL

Final green color
I think I like yellow better, green in the background and green heli would mimic but that was my wife’s idea, she thinks that I can see all the colors
Feb 20, 2021, 07:57 PM
VE7FM
I don't know if I'd paint the frame, but the skids/boom/tail/canopy for sure.
The highest vis helicopter I have is my Fireball Havok which is a flouro yellow - and it really pops.
Camera girl took a few quick pics to show the vis, it's a dark overcast day and was raining. I had black tail blades previously but really like the flouro yellow tail.
Feb 20, 2021, 11:31 PM
32 yrs. Of aircraft Flying!
Ordered my M1 from Buddyrc Thursday about 11am and choose the free shipping (USPS) it showed up at my house today Saturday, wow wasn't expecting it, but sure looking forward to trying it out tomorrow. hope it handles wind well i am sure it will.

By the way i had asked and they wasn't sure what all came with the newest ones.
I got zero spare parts, no spindle no main shaft no extra blades, i did however get some spare servo arms and screws for i guess different things,
it was cool to get a charge adapter, i think i have one in my other box but used the one came with it to charge tonight.
it also came with the tiny 1.0 hex driver, had no clue and ordered 2 spares lol, I figured i would need one per feathering shaft bolt.
I was surprised to see it came with all aluminum blade grips, head block and swash, very nice touch OMP now i understand why its cost almost as much as the m2 I hope i will enjoy flying it just as much.
Latest blog entry: OMP M2 Helicopter.
Feb 21, 2021, 03:52 AM
Guys,
what is the diameter of the main shaft?
Feb 21, 2021, 08:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidla
Guys,
what is the diameter of the main shaft?
Looks like 3 mm.
Feb 21, 2021, 09:03 AM
Tarot 550/600 & OMPHobby UK
Correct, it's 3mm
Feb 21, 2021, 09:33 AM
Thanx.

The TX16S is at the post office. Waiting for the M1 now!
Feb 21, 2021, 10:56 AM
The early worm gets eaten
The perfect case for the m1. Husky makes a very nice case for under $10 from the Home Depot. Holds my 2 m1s, parts, tools and batteries in about the same footprint as my transmitter case. Just remove a few locking trays and the head and blade holder lock nicely into the slots.
Feb 21, 2021, 10:58 AM
OMPHobby & Buddy RC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashley
The perfect case for the m1. Husky makes a very nice case for under $10 from the Home Depot. Holds my 2 m1s, parts, tools and batteries in about the same footprint as my transmitter case. Just remove a few locking trays and the head and blade holder lock nicely into the slots.
Dude I love this. Care if I share it on our social media pages? If so, how do you want me to credit you?
Feb 21, 2021, 11:07 AM
Share away. It's a very high quality case for $10. Believe it or not its made in Israel. Thanks for the fast shipping on my orange M1, 2 1/2 days. Seems this batch comes with the 1.0mm hex. Nice!
Feb 21, 2021, 11:37 AM
A guy I fly with has 2 m2s. You can fit them on their side with 2 small trays in that box. They make the same size box, but deeper. Going to get one and see if the m2 can stand up in it.
Feb 21, 2021, 01:07 PM

Response delay

Finally fixed the frame and flew 2 batteries. The heli is behaving strangely which may explain my somewhat unexpected original crash.

The problem is that there is a substantial delay on the response given a command from my TX. The delay is not always present but when it kicks-in it is very noticeable on cyclic. Perhaps I need to tune the frequency (using SFHSS board controlled by a taranis) or re-bind. I also felt that the delay was not homogeneous and was more noticeable on ELE. In fact, my original crash involved coming out of an inverted orientation with a piro-flip starting with ELE but that input was somewhat muted. Today I experienced something similar.

Any suggestion?
Feb 21, 2021, 01:28 PM
easycrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by feathering
Finally fixed the frame and flew 2 batteries. The heli is behaving strangely which may explain my somewhat unexpected original crash.

The problem is that there is a substantial delay on the response given a command from my TX. The delay is not always present but when it kicks-in it is very noticeable on cyclic. Perhaps I need to tune the frequency (using SFHSS board controlled by a taranis) or re-bind. I also felt that the delay was not homogeneous and was more noticeable on ELE. In fact, my original crash involved coming out of an inverted orientation with a piro-flip starting with ELE but that input was somewhat muted. Today I experienced something similar.

Any suggestion?
How did you bind the heli to transmitter?

Quick Reply