Jun 23, 2020, 07:36 PM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Discussion

Guidance is needed

New here, new to the hobby(air side).
I was waiting to start with a Night walrus. Reg walrus is fine but for the couple dollars more the LEDs are cool.
My thinking for this model was flaps and belly pan.
I was giving advice to look at the Radian. I like it. Save money over the NW
Then I was told about the aero scout with safe mode. Sounds smart but land with wheels versus belly landing has me stuck again.
Build a landing strip?
How does the surface need to be to land this little guy?
I'm waaaaay out in nowhere. No asphalt or concrete for miles.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 23, 2020, 07:59 PM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
A few years ago when I decided to get back into r/c I thought I was going to bite on a DLG.
Seemed fun, but that kit seems to be long gone. Now it takes alot more dollars to get into DLGs so that will have to wait until I hone my skills.
Jun 24, 2020, 06:43 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Ok I cked out so e videos and reviews of the Aero Scout.
Looks pretty beginner friendly. I like the idea of being able to hand toss and or be able to remove the landing gears. Or if I use the gears with the oversized tires a simple landing strip would be very easy to make in one of my pastures. Well I'm off to go feed and ponder.
Jun 24, 2020, 10:37 AM
Go to Plane Talk and other forums.
Jun 24, 2020, 11:37 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Why?
Am I not a cool kid?
Last edited by ARGliding; Jun 24, 2020 at 12:22 PM.
Jun 24, 2020, 02:42 PM
RCG is a wonderful source of detailed information and entertainment that was not available to many of us when we were beginners. It is worth your time to get familiar with the purpose and scope of the various forums to get good pertinent information and advice. Click on the various forum icons on the home page to get in the "ball park" and then one or more of the related sub-forums . There are dedicated sailplane and glider forums .
Jun 24, 2020, 05:07 PM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
So you are saying go to other forums within rcgroup?
I was told by someone not to get the glider style plane to start with.
So I didn't go to that sub forum.
Sorry if I'm in the wrong spot. Every forum has their own rules and places to post.
It'll take me a minute butnill find my way around.
Point me to the "hello I'm new, where do I start forum"
Thanks,B
Jun 24, 2020, 05:27 PM
Slow Flyer
Here is a good place to start and ask questions. Folks are directing you to different places to access a crowd that is specific to your inquiries.

https://www.rcgroups.com/beginner-tr...ft-electric-8/
Jun 24, 2020, 05:28 PM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
I see that, just couldn't see where they was pointing.
Thanks for the link, I'll give it a read
Jun 24, 2020, 05:59 PM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Why do alot of the sub forums only have 3 pages of post?
Mostly just a few months old. How to I see o!der stuff for reading up on?
Jun 24, 2020, 10:31 PM
Settings,
as a large part of the time the conversations are long ended among active members
Jun 25, 2020, 05:56 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Yeah old convo are fine. I'm not trying to spark up old threads just like reading as much as I can before I make the dive. I'm so fn torn now. I don't know what direction to go��
Jun 25, 2020, 10:45 AM
Slow Flyer
Go to the forum you are interested in and use the search box over to the right.
For a first plane search type in key words such as "first plane" or "beginner plane" or "plane recommendation".
You can also just go to the bottom of the screen and scroll through the pages. There are tons of threads on first planes.
Jun 26, 2020, 08:26 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Thanks man, the problem I seem to be having i digging in these threads there only seems to be 3 pages with them all being pretty new. I would like to see past 3 pages of old threads.
I'm so lost with all the new radio letters i.e dsmx and such. That's why I'm trying to find older pages. Yes I need 1st plane advice also. But I'm really trying to dig and learn the whole hobby.
I found the begginers dictionary and that helped alot. Old thread that got stickyied
Jun 26, 2020, 08:29 AM
BaaBaa Black Sheep
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombay
Go to the forum you are interested in and use the search box over to the right.
For a first plane search type in key words such as "first plane" or "beginner plane" or "plane recommendation".
You can also just go to the bottom of the screen and scroll through the pages. There are tons of threads on first planes.
Sweet, I haven't noticed the search within the sub forum. I've just been using the magnifying glass which I guess searching the whole forum, and puts me in the wrong hallways.

Quick Reply