This thread is privately moderated by Nickerz, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 22, 2020, 09:20 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP
Discussion

Bought A COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane...

This afternoon, around 2:45pm PST, I bought the COX 049 CESSNA 182 SKYLANE off eBay! Total paid was...

$150.00 (Plane Kit)
$26.30 (Shipping)
$11.96 (Tax)
$20.00 (1x PayPal Credit Promo Discount)
$168.26 (Grand Total)

This listing was NIOB (New In Open Box) and includes everything with it. It had a Buy It Now price of $169.99 but I offered $150 and it was accepted. eBay shows the estimated delivery date 7/2.

As far as nostalgia goes, I never owned this plane but I always REALLY liked the look of it! In fact, in my unboxing video for my COX R/C E-Z Bee, I noticed it included the original COX folded catalog - which for that time (around 1988) this Cessna hadn't come out yet but the catalog said it's "coming soon" and in my video I even say how I would have bought this plane instead of my E-Z Bee if it was available.

I've seen others on eBay going for more money than this BRAND SPANKIN' NEW ONE I just bought! Even now, there is an eBay listing for a used, beat up, missing parts going for $202.75 and the description even says "this kit may not be complete. SOLD AS IS." so go figure but the one I bought is all sealed and even the box looks to be in MINT condition!

So here are the pics from the eBay listing and of course I'll post my own pics along with an unboxing video when it arrives next week in July! Is it really going to be July already!?

Last edited by Nickerz; Aug 26, 2021 at 04:51 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 30, 2020, 08:43 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane Was Delivered Today!

This was delivered today by FedEx this afternoon @ 1:50pm! It was delivered early as it wasn't supposed to be delivered until Thursday, then again this is FedEx not USPS - lol! It's NIB just as described from the eBay seller and even the box is MINT! The seller messaged me and said that the box looks as good as the pics and he was right!

Enjoy the pics & video...

Unboxing Video...
COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane - Unboxing (25 min 19 sec)
Last edited by Nickerz; Jul 01, 2020 at 11:38 PM.
Jul 31, 2020, 07:16 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

Bought A (2nd) COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane Today...

This afternoon, around 12:30pm PST, I bought a 2nd COX 049 CESSNA 182 SKYLANE from Craigslist! Total paid was...

$100.00 (Plane Kit)
$25.00 (Shipping)
$25.00 (Extra Troubles & Seller Being So Nice)
$N/A (Tax)
$150.00 (Grand Total)

This listing was also NIB (New In Box), same as the first one. USPS shows the estimated delivery date 8/4.

I bought this 2nd one so that I can keep one NIB and use the 2nd one to fly as this bird looks so good!!! So this is the same model I bought earlier this month (Model #90406) which doesn't include the COX/Sanwa radio. Ideally I would have preferred finding one with the original radio (Model #: 90420-COX Sanwa radio or Model #: 94023-Cobra radio) just to keep for my collection but the price on this was too good to pass up!

By the way, this was $100 OBO but I offered to pay full price and an extra $25 to ship it since they were preferring local pickup. They were an older couple, the husband loves COX line-control planes and did such a great job of double boxing it, that I sent them an extra $25 for their troubles.

It's funny b/c I sent a PM to a member on here who was trying to sell one of these and his classified ad (from 2016 btw) wasn't marked sold. I realize that most don't update their listing as sold but I figured it's worth a shot for something that is no longer made. Sure enough he responded saying it's still available! He promised to send me more pics over the weekend BUT here's where the story turns...he never sends me any pics, instead he posts his plane on eBay. I know b/c I've been looking on eBay for this plane and I spot it the following day! Can you believe this!? So I assume this guy figures he'll see if he can sell it for $320 - yeah...he posted it for over $300 and that dumb thing has been sitting there, unsold ever since!!! Idiot! I can't say I don't blame him for trying to get more money but ask me for more money! Make a counter offer! I do blame him for not keeping his word. I figure if things start off bad, it probably won't get better so I left it alone and kept on the search...

So the following week, I saw more used Cessna's pop up on eBay but then I started searching Craigslist and I stumbled upon a brand new one. Again, the box even looked mint condition for a $100! I called them up, they agreed to ship it and I'll get it next week and the rest is history. By the way, that member's plane is still sitting on eBay unsold! The guy is an idiot considering if he sold it to me I would have saved him the fees from eBay & PayPal. Also, he only posted 1 pic on eBay for his listing. Makes me even more suspicious when he didn't send me more pics when I asked for them and he said he sold the one from his listing on RCGroups and had this other one. Glad I found this other one from Craigslist and paid them more money for being so nice and fair.

I'll post pics and an unboxing video after I get it!

***UPDATE***
This story gets stranger...
The member on here who is still trying to sell his plane on eBay just sent me an offer via eBay by lowering his price!??? But he doesn't know who I am in eBay. I made a counter offer for $50 (LOL) and called him by his RCG member name on here, so he that he knew it was me! In my counter offer I added the message reminding him he never sent me those pics like he promised and that I found a NIB already. Too funny!

Here's a pic of his eBay listing, the one and only pic he posted of it...
Last edited by Nickerz; Jul 31, 2020 at 08:05 PM.
Aug 07, 2020, 09:56 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

2nd COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane Was Delivered Today!

USPS delivered my 2nd COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane this afternoon at 11:19am PST!

My goodness, it took a full week (Friday to Friday) to get it delivered. The seller shipped it on 7/31 and it shows up today... By the way, it shipped only 4 1/2 hours north of me within the same state and was sent via Priority Mail 3 Day Shipping. The agents and my local post office all confirmed USPS is having major issues with delivering packages on time and they are backed up. So yeah, a 4 1/2 hour trip turned into a 7 day delivery as it was supposed to come this past Tuesday.

But it's now here and the seller included extras such as...
  • COX Fuel Bottle
  • COX Battery Case
  • Larger Exterior Box (for Model #90420 which includes Radio but radio wasn't included in mine)

Here's a teaser pic...

Below are the rest of the pics and unboxing video...

Notice the manuals from each kit show different plane kits on the back, otherwise the manuals look to be the same...

Unboxing Video...
COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane - Unboxing (2nd Kit) (40 min 1 sec)
Last edited by Nickerz; Aug 10, 2020 at 09:33 PM.
Jan 27, 2021, 10:01 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

Bought A COX Cadet/Sanwa Radio To Complete Cessna...

Earlier this month (1/20/21), I was the winning eBay bid for this COX Cadet/Sanwa 2-Channel Radio! Total paid was...

$37.50 (Radio)
$10.00 (Shipping)
$25.00 (Extra Troubles & Seller Being So Nice)
$2.99 (Tax)
$50.49 (Grand Total)

This listing was NIB (New In Box) and USPS delivered it this past Monday (1/25).

I bought this 2nd one so that I can complete one of the two COX Skylane Cessna 182 kits. I want to keep a complete set with radio for my collection and I plan to fly the 2nd kit using my own DX9 radio, although it would be VERY cool to keep everything original and fly with the Cadet radio! If I found an open space that wouldn't interfere with my vintage radio. We'll see...

Also, this radio is Channel 38 and the radio that came with my E-Z Bee is Channel 44. The box for this one isn't in as good shape as the one for my E-Z Bee but it still looks good.

But I opened it up to make sure it works and it does and below are some pics...

Mar 17, 2021, 08:54 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP

Bought A Decal Sheet For COX 049 Cessna 182 Skylane...

This evening, at 6:33pm PST, I bought a spare decal sheet for the COX 049 CESSNA 182 SKYLANE from right here on RCG forums! Total paid was...

$10.00 (Decal Sheet)
$3.95 (Shipping)
$N/A (Tax)
$13.95 (Grand Total)

This listing was here on RCG that I came across by accident and it's brand new. I figured since I have 2 kits, one I want to keep NIB (New In Box) and a 2nd I will build and fly, I might as well have a spare decal sheet since they don't make these anymore. It was listed for $16.00 plus $3.95 shipping and I sent him a PM asking if he'd take $10 and he replied with $13.95 which I think is fair. Thanks again to that member!

Here is the link t to the original listing & pic below...
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...82-Decal-Sheet

***Update***
The decal sheet was delivered yesterday (4/3/21) so I kept it rolled up and if I need to use it, I'll have it but for now I'll stick it in with my complete kit that I'll keep for collecting. Below are 2 pics of how it came shipped, all rolled up, tight...

Last edited by Nickerz; Apr 03, 2021 at 08:08 PM.
Sep 04, 2021, 01:54 AM
AMA 796401
I have one of these that I'm converting to electric. Mine does not have the instructions. Do your instructions indicate CG? Thanks for your time.
Tim
Sep 04, 2021, 01:46 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP
If you want, you can PM me your email and I can email you pics I took of the Manual & Flight Instructions for the EZ Bee but I didn't see anything in there that talks about the CofG. Since you're converting your EZ Bee to electric, I'd assume the CofG would be different if the electric motor weighs less than the engine - but just guessing.

I bookmarked a thread on RCG here... that talks about the electric version and a guy in there posts he can send a manual for the Lectra (apparently the same as the electric Malibu & Sundance???)
Jun 12, 2022, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerz

This afternoon, around 2:45pm PST, I bought the COX 049 CESSNA 182 SKYLANE off eBay! Total paid was...

$150.00 (Plane Kit)
$26.30 (Shipping)
$11.96 (Tax)
$20.00 (1x PayPal Credit Promo Discount)
$168.26 (Grand Total)

This listing was NIOB (New In Open Box) and includes everything with it. It had a Buy It Now price of $169.99 but I offered $150 and it was accepted. eBay shows the estimated delivery date 7/2.

As far as nostalgia goes, I never owned this plane but I always REALLY liked the look of it! In fact, in my unboxing video for my COX R/C E-Z Bee, I noticed it included the original COX folded catalog - which for that time (around 1988) this Cessna hadn't come out yet but the catalog said it's "coming soon" and in my video I even say how I would have bought this plane instead of my E-Z Bee if it was available.

I've seen others on eBay going for more money than this BRAND SPANKIN' NEW ONE I just bought! Even now, there is an eBay listing for a used, beat up, missing parts going for $202.75 and the description even says "this kit may not be complete. SOLD AS IS." so go figure but the one I bought is all sealed and even the box looks to be in MINT condition!

So here are the pics from the eBay listing and of course I'll post my own pics along with an unboxing video when it arrives next week in July! Is it really going to be July already!?

Hi,

I have a new, never used RTF with all orig accessories I bought from an estate sale.

Let me know if your interested.

Thanks,
J
Jun 12, 2022, 09:40 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP
Hi J,

I just sent ya a PM...

Thanks!

P.S. I'll delete your other post below that was posted in my other blog so it can stay within this thread...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertiviper
Hi Nickerz,

I have a new/open box RTF version. The kicker is it was half assembled, BUT, it has the electronics in the original box, never taken out. Same with the field equipment. Has the orig boxes, mint.

I saw your other post, just wanted to share in case you were interested.
Nov 13, 2022, 05:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickerz
Hi J,

I just sent ya a PM...

Thanks!

P.S. I'll delete your other post below that was posted in my other blog so it can stay within this thread...
Hello buddy. Got flying video? Do you know what is the other name for the engine because QRC? There another name for it. I want to
buy rebuild kit just the rear.
Nov 13, 2022, 09:29 PM
Check Out My RCG Blog...
Thread OP
I wish had video of this beauty! I bought a 2nd one just so that I can fly it so hopefully some day but I haven't had much time and when I do I've been running my X-Maxx and UDR. But when I do get around to flying her, I will absolutely update this thread. I still feel this plane looks so dang good, even today after all these years!

Having said that, I might convert it to electric like this guy did here... on RCG! Then again, I do like the idea of keeping her stock and true to how she was made.

***EDIT***
Another link to the history of the QRC .049 Engine here...

As for the engine, I read over at the COX forum here... (scroll a few posts down) that the QRC engine is...

"Engine - Cox .049 QRC (Quiet RC) No throttle sleeve, just a muffler."

My manual mentions the engine on page 7 under "TIPS ON RUNNING YOUR QRC .049 ENGINE". I can email you the manual if you PM me your email address.
Last edited by Nickerz; Nov 13, 2022 at 09:45 PM.

Quick Reply