Jun 22, 2020, 07:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Otto glider almost done

Iím almost done with my Otto glider with a motor in the front do to not having sloped where I live . Hope it will fly and what do you guys think of it
Last edited by NCHOUKER; Jun 22, 2020 at 07:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 22, 2020, 09:19 PM
Cute!

The wing looks OK, but the horizontal stabilizer/elevator combo is way, way too small.
The tail boom is very short, so it will be very sensitive in pitch.
If the wing loading is reasonable and you get CG right, it should be a decent flier.
Oh, of course, I'm assuming you'll be getting rid of the doll for actual flight
Jun 24, 2020, 07:46 AM
flyin' fool
Your horizontal stabilizer is too small.
Jun 24, 2020, 08:46 AM
Thread OP
I will switch it to a larger one . Really thank you guys
Jun 24, 2020, 05:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuteman
Oh, of course, I'm assuming you'll be getting rid of the doll for actual flight
Then it wouldn't be an Otto glider anymore
Jun 24, 2020, 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nowheretoday
Then it wouldn't be an Otto glider anymore
I'm guessing you're just kidding.
Without getting into a lot of aeronautical detail, suffice it to say: That thing will fly like a pig with that doll there, if at all.
Jun 25, 2020, 09:22 AM
Of course it needs the doll! I would not be surprised if it glides equally well as the full scale glider that inspired this!
Jun 28, 2020, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IridiA
I would not be surprised if it glides equally well as the full scale glider that inspired this!
Hmm...
Much lower Reynolds number might significantly invalidate any comparison to the inspiration of this project, which was full scale.
Well, of course there's one sure way to find out: Try it with the doll and then try it without - I suspect the doll will be summarily discarded in favor of much better performance...

Quick Reply