Jun 28, 2020, 12:30 PM
Wonder if that pod will be available in colors other than blue? Would not mind a neon pink or neon red pod.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 28, 2020, 12:54 PM
Looks like a LOT of fun in a SMALL package.
Jul 02, 2020, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lufo
I already have the original ELF wing and it would be interesting to see if the wing fits the new boom/pod. Having a boom/pod with some extra space in it would be nice so yes, I may well get boom/pod tail feathers as parts.

My one concern is the original ELF boom is not up to taking much of a pounding and often broke inside of the pod. With the motor added I do wonder if Vladimir went with a beefier CF boom?
Same here, great little Bird, but the Boom snaps right in front of the forward wing screw. Unless it's redesigned, I imagine it will be even more snap prone. If it is a new boom, I'll be ordering one for sure!
Jul 02, 2020, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougg
Same here, great little Bird, but the Boom snaps right in front of the forward wing screw. Unless it's redesigned, I imagine it will be even more snap prone. If it is a new boom, I'll be ordering one for sure!
Mine hasnít. And Iíve had it for 9yrs.
Jul 03, 2020, 09:23 AM
Mine snapped there right away. I wonder if it has something to do with how itís glued to the pod?
Jul 03, 2020, 04:50 PM
Same place mine and others snapped in; the CF boom breaking there is a known issue. Next most common place is between the pod and the elevator.

The front of the boom is shave down to an angle and filled to just behind the start of the angle with some sort of mixture. As you mentioned where it is glued to the pod also makes a great place for the energy of an nose in to stop and snap the boom there.

I will wait and see what others are experiencing with the plane before I purchase. Love my ELF but I did replace the boom after a nasty nose in. It happens.
Jul 04, 2020, 01:40 AM
And I thought I was hard on my planes, I’m like Mike, I’ve had 2, one of them was my first dlg and I’ve never had a issue with the Elf.

I find the naming of the planes a bit weird though, I would have called this the Elf EL and then the Spin with the 1m carbon wing with ailerons I’d have called the Elf pro. I’m also surprised vlad hasn’t got into the 1m dlg game and offered the spin in a non electric version.
Yesterday, 08:18 AM
PLEASE remember that when they put a motor on the front, its no longer a F3K plane, it's a F5K plane. As soch all the forces that tried to break booms, fold wings, etc.. Are GONE. WOO-HOO!!

Boom breaking becomes a non-issue because the lateral g-loads that broke them are gone. The wing doesn't have to be built to withstand the loads either because the max loads it'll ever take are a dive test or a bad landing. Keep all this in mind.

Quick Reply