Blue Funder v2.0 Build Thread - Page 10 - RC Groups
May 08, 2005, 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPFD-E-FLYER
Hey Lee do you have the layout dimension for your last design.
Larry
The Lite version is still Robbs v2.1. I had cut a template out of posterboard for the v2.1. I just centered it on my 28" depron, then moved the leading edge up 1"inch for the added cord, and 1 5/8 for the fold over. Everything else was cut following the v2.1 template.

Oh, and I have a GB cd motor if I need it, or a Fiego.

Lee
Last edited by ldammann; May 09, 2005 at 12:07 AM.
to remove ads between posts
May 08, 2005, 11:58 PM
Maybe this will help. This is my working template for the v2.1. Robbs may have some small variations. Remember, this is a top template, you use the fold in the FFF for the leading edge and leave some (1 3/4") under the wing. If your using Depron, leave enough at the leading edge for the fold under.

The missing dimension between the ailerons is 2".

Whats fun about this design is you can easly change the wing planform. If you want less WS and more cord, just move the template up on the foam and chop off the wingtips.

Lee
Last edited by ldammann; May 09, 2005 at 03:51 PM.
May 09, 2005, 07:46 AM
INDORUS EXPARAMINTO
Just what a man needs.

Thanks again
Larry
May 09, 2005, 07:57 AM
John 3:16
It looks like you're missing the length of the TE of the wing. That would tell us the width of the fuse section between the ailerons.
Daddy-O
May 09, 2005, 10:43 AM
I think in one of Robbs posts he said it was one inch fuse between the ailerons. On the mat it looks a little wider. Not that critical, but I'll measure when I get home.

Lee
May 09, 2005, 12:16 PM
I am just about finished with my Blue Funder, but I have to go get my car fixed now. Maybe I'll have time to finish it when I get home.
Daddy-O
May 09, 2005, 03:33 PM
Well, I am ready to go, but I ran into a problem. I feel kind of like a dummy asking, but here it goes: How do I plug in my servos to the Rx and/or setup my radio (I have a Hitec Flash 5x)? I can't seem to get everything to work right. I can set it up as a normal aileron ship, but then the elevator is controlled by the left/right movement of the throttle stick. That seems kind of weird. I know that it has got to be simple, but I just can't seem to get it.
Daddy-O
May 09, 2005, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daddy-O
Well, I am ready to go, but I ran into a problem. I feel kind of like a dummy asking, but here it goes: How do I plug in my servos to the Rx and/or setup my radio (I have a Hitec Flash 5x)? I can't seem to get everything to work right. I can set it up as a normal aileron ship, but then the elevator is controlled by the left/right movement of the throttle stick. That seems kind of weird. I know that it has got to be simple, but I just can't seem to get it.
Daddy-O
Aileron in channel 1, elevator in channel 2, throttle in channel 3, radio set to ACRO.. I have the same radio. There are some other settings like glider and such that change the contol sticks. Or you may have the elevator in channel 4?

Is this a 2 aileron servo ship? If so, not sure, I've never done that before, but I think you need a fifth channel on your reciever?

Oh, and the fuse is 2" wide between the ailerons.
Last edited by ldammann; May 09, 2005 at 03:54 PM.
May 09, 2005, 03:53 PM
So I need a y adaptor for the ailerons?
Daddy-O
May 09, 2005, 03:55 PM
Not sure, can anyone else help??
May 09, 2005, 04:00 PM
Idammann, I did what you suggested and it would work good if I could get it to work both ailerons. Of course, I think that it would fly with only one working (it is an old way of doing some planes according to gpw). I don't have a y adaptor. Is there a way to make one if that is what is needed. Then again, I could order one and just put the plane up for two weeks until it gets here.
Daddy-O
May 09, 2005, 05:17 PM
Crash Master
Other aileron on channel 5, 6 (mix) or Y adapter.

Making a Y is no biggie if you have a couple of extensions to saccrifice. Just connect the like colors together.
May 09, 2005, 05:48 PM
Well, I tried to put it on channel 5 and mixing it, but it wasn't working for me. Maybe my Tx can't do that. I'll do a search and see if I can figure out how to configure my Tx or make a y adapter. Thanks guys.
Daddy-O
May 09, 2005, 06:15 PM
Just read the manual. Duel aileron servo is in GLID ACRO mode. Also for flaperon. Page 23 in the manual.
May 09, 2005, 06:54 PM
Success! I had to switch the radio to glid / acro in order for the mixing function to work. I had tried everything but that option. Go figure. Thanks guys for the help. I may try to get out early tomorrow to maiden her.
Daddy-O