2021 F3K Team Select and Possum Toss

Start getting ready now! The Possum Toss is on in Tullahoma, TN on September 11-14th, just 3 months away.

Splash

Come Fly F3K in TN!!

Start getting ready now! The Possum Toss is on in Tullahoma, TN on September 11-14th, just 3 months away. It's being hosted by the Coffee Airfoilers club. This is a great field and centrally located. Running with the Possum Toss will be the 2021 F3K USA Team Selects. The best pilots in the country will be there looking to earn one of the top 3 spots and represent the USA in the World Championships next year. The Team Selects event is a 3 day contest and pilots competing in it will be separated from the Possum Toss 2-day contest pilots. It's going to be an amazing time that you won't want to miss. As the reigning Possum Toss Champion, I challenge to be there, have fun and support the USA Team. I can't wait to see and fly with you there.

Be sure to subscribe and follow the main discussion thread here

Here's the event announcement info from CD Don Cleveland:

We are excited to announce the 2020 Possum Toss and 2020 Team Select contest will be held on September 11 -14th at the Coffee Airfoilers club field in Tullahoma, Tennessee. (Coffeeairfoilers.com). Make your plans now to attend the most exciting DLG event of 2020, this will be an event not to be missed as all of the top F3K pilots in the country will be competing for a spot on the 2021 F3K USA Team.

Field Location: Wattendorf Memorial Highway, Arnold Airforce Base, Tullahoma, Tennessee 37388

• 1.5 hour from Nashville Airport
  • 1.5 hour from Chattanooga Airport
  • 1.5 hour from Huntsville, Alabama Airport
  • 3.5 hour from Atlanta Airport

Check Coffeeairfoilers.com for a list of motels and site details.

The Coffee Airfoilers Club field is a quality flying field but also a covered pavilion with work tables, chairs, and electric charging station, overnight plane storage, dry camping. A selection of hotels and restaurants are 5 minutes from the field in the town of Tullahoma/ Manchester. We will be serving lunch Saturday Sunday and Monday, and a fully catered Famous Possum Dinner on the field Saturday evening. Plan on immersing yourself in a full experience of not just flying but also lots of food, socializing with old friends, meeting new ones and relaxing by the campfire under the stars at the end of the day.

We will be allowing mixed launch for the Possum Toss part of the contest with e F5K planes. Limit 50 Meters/10 seconds.

We will be flying the 2020 new tasks including the new fly off task.

Other surprises to follow..

Contest Director: Don Cleveland [email protected]

Schedule:

• Friday, September 11: All day open flying and practice, mass AULD contest.
  • Saturday, September 12th : Combined Possum Toss and Team Selection rounds all day, lunch provided and catered Possum dinner served at the field.
  • Sunday, September 13th: Combined Possum Toss and TS rounds until 2:00pm. Possum Toss flyoff (4 rounds) 2:00pm - 3:00pm with top pilots from both groups. Possum Toss Fly off scores will not be included in Team Select results. 3:00pm Possum Toss awards presentation, then TS rounds continue until end of day, lunch provided.
  • Monday, September 14th: TS rounds until 2:00pm. 2:00 - 4:00pm TS 8 round fly off with top 12 (but no more than 1/2 the total) pilots. Prelim scores carry over. 4:00pm - Awards for top 3 TS pilots and 1 alternate. Lunch provided.

Entry Fees: Possum Toss entry fee - $75

Team Selection pilots must enter and pay Possum Toss ($75) entry fee, USA F3K program fee ($20), and F3K TS Finals entry fee ($100). See below. Team Select event fee ($100) goes towards financing Team expenses.

Team protection will be provided for the entire event, when you register you will indicate your team partner. Possum Toss pilots will register as Sportsman or Expert, and Team Select pilots will fly in dedicated heats - for example:

• Round 1:
  • Heat A: Team Select pilots A
  • Heat B: Possum Toss pilots
  • Heat C: Team Select pilots B
  • Heat D: Possum Toss pilots
  • Heat E: Possum Toss or Team Select C (depending on # entries)

Registration will be setup shortly.

Here is Colleen Pierce's message with registration. Please spread the news to all US pilots who may be interested in attending!

Quote: Please find attached the bid to host the 2020 trials to choose the 2021 F3K team. The cost associated are $20 program fee and $100 Finals fee (in addition to registering directly for the 2020 Possum Toss event). Deadline for entry into the team trials is Friday September 4, 2020

I am currently working remotely, so the best way to make payment is to email me and provide the credit card number (only if you are comfortable doing so) or give me a good phone number to reach you at and I will call back at my earliest convenience.

We do also have a Paypal account that you may use PLEASE be sure to note F3K Team Trials if paying via Paypal at [email protected]

Of course, you can always mail a check to my attention at the below address.

Good luck to all of you!

Colleen Pierce [email protected] FAI Coordinator|Academy of Model Aeronautics

Jun 16, 2020, 11:34 AM
Oleg Golovidov
Jason, thanks for promoting the F3K TS event!

Come one, come all!
Lets provide support and help select the best future F3K team.
If you cannot come, make a small donation to AMA towards the F3K team fund!
I am sure they will need lots of our help as always.

--
Last edited by olgol; Jun 16, 2020 at 04:07 PM.
Jun 16, 2020, 12:21 PM
As before......A Lodge Sportsman Grill will be also be awarded to the winner of the Possum Toss Sportsman Class
Jun 19, 2020, 01:55 PM
Hot Dawg Glider Pilot
Just don't toss the old possum (Don C) too far... he might be fragile these days...

Darth Crashteaux
Jun 23, 2020, 05:25 PM
Registration is open. Y'all come get some possum

Quick Reply