Jun 15, 2020, 07:32 AM
Thread OP
Question

Dx6 flaps not getting full throw when flaps are on

I have just got a plane with flaps and used the flap system on the Dx6 but when I use flaps I am not able to get full throw on my elevators and not able to flear when I land with flaps on .when I have turned them off I get full throw agean so I am at a total loss I was hoping someone had an idea what’s going on. I tried to google But to no avail
to remove ads between posts
Jun 15, 2020, 07:33 AM
If you export your model to the SD card and attach the SPM file here, we'll be able to see your configuration and offer assistance.

Andy
Jun 15, 2020, 07:38 AM
Thread OP
Sadly I don’t have a SD card .i can tell you everything is default besides the Alarons are revised And have activated the flap system ps0 0/0 ps1 30/45 Ps2 65/55
Jun 15, 2020, 07:45 AM
Thread OP
I just looked at the title and I meant to say the elevators are not given full throw when the flaps are on
Jun 15, 2020, 08:15 AM
Get an SD card for it. You'll be happy you did. SD card selection info is found in the attached PDF.

Do you have any elevator compensation in the Flap System settings? How much?

Was this model imported from another source? Or did you just create it using the Add New Model option?

What are the Servo Travel settings for your elevator?

Are you looking at the Monitor screen when you say there is less travel, or at the model? What receiver are you using?

Andy
Jun 15, 2020, 08:27 AM
Thread OP
To you first question yes I do around 45 - 60 depends on what position I change to.

2nd my own model from crate new

3rd 100%

4th when I look and the screen with flaps on it will not go over 50% when I turn off it will use the full throw .spektrum 1700 I think
Jun 15, 2020, 09:19 AM
OK, so what I did just now is create a new model. I set the wing type to 1 Ail/1 Flap.

I went to Flap System and set it to switch B (for 3 positions) and then set one position to 0 elevator, the next to 45% elevator, and the last to 60% elevator.

Those are the ONLY changes I made from the default model.

I made screen shots showing the travel of the elevator travel in full down and full up in each position. What you see is that the center of the travel is moved from 0 to 45 to 60%, and as the stick is moved from -100% to +100%, the travel on the monitor corresponds.

That is, with the center at 45%, at -100% the elevator travels from (45 - 100)% to (45 + 100%), and (60-100)% to (60+100)% (but is clipped at 150%).

That is exactly what I expect to happen mathematically.

Now, if I want to get more up elevator, I would need to go to the Servo Travel screen and set it higher. Then I could have (45-150)% to (45+150)% (clipped at 150%).

I suspect that there is simply a misunderstanding of what you should expect. The radio is working exactly I as expect.

Andy
Jun 15, 2020, 09:21 AM
68 years an RC flyer
What receiver are you using? Does it have SAFE?

What does the Monitor screen show on the DX6? Is elevator throw restricted there?

Plus one on the recommendation to get an SD card so you can update firmware, look for support, save models, etc. But do check the requirements as nowadays many cards are too big or otherwise incompatible.
Jun 15, 2020, 09:34 AM
Thread OP
Ok thank you very much that has answered my problems I will test in morning I appreciate you help thanks Andy you’re a life saver

Quick Reply