This thread is privately moderated by Mad_angler1, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 14, 2020, 11:00 AM
Bog Flusher Platinum Grade
Thread OP
Rant

Gatwick Couple Receive Payout For Wrongful Arrest.

Gatewick Couple Receives £200,000 Payout.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...P3tZiqtoJHso6K

First of all I want to say how pleased I am this couple both fought this and also received a substantial payout for the frankly talking itís not enough based discussing way they were treated. They were arrested, their home ransacked then interrogated for 36 hours based on the simple fact they lived close to Gatwick and once owned a drone. I am astonished this could happen in the U.K. but it did.

Further to this the incident has now cost the British public £200,000 yet no heads a rolled, we still have no proof there was an actual drone at all or the truth of what happened here. Personally this imo deserves a public enquiry more than many things I have seen in recent years.

The wider issue here is the fall out from this for the drone community in the U.K. Itís left my self and many others wondering if this could be us next. If an incident was to happen close to me would I be a suspect simply based on the fact I own a drone?

As a PFCO and being legitimately registered I have provided the CAA and government a quick and easy target should they need to ďget resultsĒ quickly.

I live close to some high profile oil and gas installation and itís not much of a stretch for me to see something similar take place as we have seen as Gatwick. Regardless of if a drone was actually there or not.

I am already aware of one done user who had the police arrive at his home and threaten him with antiterror legislation and confiscate all of his requirement because he posted some footage online the local installations did not like even though the flight was legal.

The sad reality is regardless of if there was was a drone or not the police and government have show here they donít need actual evidence to turn your lives upside down and suspicion is enough to treat you as guilty.

In the end this whole incident has left me questioning my own involvement in the industry and got me thinking do I need to bring this to my home and family.

#drone #fpv #drones #Gatwick.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 14, 2020, 11:03 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
Wow, that sounds like a miserable climate. Is there any specific (or suspected) reason for the extreme lack of tolerance in the UK, or is it just the same old "drones r bad" groupthink on steroids?

Quick Reply