This thread is privately moderated by Justapoke, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Jun 13, 2020, 12:47 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
New Product

Official FIMI X8-SE / X8-SE 2020 Folding Quadcopter --- Owner's Thread V2 ---

This is the follow-up thread linked from the Official Fimi X8-SE ***Owner's Thread*** that can be found HERE

Here's the DIRECT LINK to this thread. Make sure to subscribe in the Thread Tools in upper right!

As requested by the user-base: For ordering / shipping questions please use the old v1 thread for that.
Any other questions / discussions / owner reports etc. are in its place now right here

This is a work in progress!

Thanks.

Last edited by Justapoke; May 14, 2021 at 05:50 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 13, 2020, 12:47 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
New (follow-up) X8 thread:

Hello, because of the constant problems the original created Fimi X8 thread will be closed soon!

The thread will continue in my blog, it will be a follow up: The Fimi X8 thread V2. (enhanced version)
It’s basically the same, only BIG difference is it has self moderation. There are NO privacy issues or anything!

- The thread will have no links with affiliate code
- The thread will have no problem anymore with the constant Fimi bashing and constant DJI shilling
Currently a few users who strongly abused the V1 thread are not invited. All their posts in V2 will be deleted by me.

Any new user that constant outputs basically only negativity will also get banned.

For the rest: NO censorship, everything is possible, also other drone talk. we will continue to have an informative but fun thread.
(Be aware however normal forum rules still apply - RCG moderators can still moderate if posts get reported)

Everything will be transparent. If something does get deleted (other than the known abusers) it will be reported in the thread
The user base can also have a say in it what is and what is not allowed. Of-topic is allowed but no flooding.

We will have a poll function on the thread.. so that’s also great
Instead of wasting time “debunking” and fighting attackers I have more time on maintaining threads.
We can finally build a Fimi X8 wiki etc. - better content - no more BS.

The current (V1) thread will remain available because it contains a LOT of very good information.
The V1 will constant be opened and closed again, probably on daily basis. So it gets updated and will be “bumped”.
It will remain in Multirotor Drone Talk - so people will find it and find their way to the new thread.

The V2 blog thread will show up as regular thread in your Subscribed Threads: list page.
There should be no reason for any X8 owner to NOT follow the new thread.

Support of the user base is needed however to make this work.

In general It’s not easy to build a large thread in blog sections.
I have good hope however because we have the V1 thread to start with, we will make use of that.
Because of the new Fimi X8 2020 release I’m also sure we will have a lot of new owners this year.

I’m just not going to sit back anymore to see the thread get ruined by a few people, and see others leave.
As RCG has not been willing to do anything about it, WE can do it: with the tools provided by RCG.

Nobody wants to have thrown in their face every day what a “bad” drone this is, most see and like it just for what it is.

I don’t particularly like to PM but in this case feel free or otherwise simply post in the thread if you have questions or suggestions.

Thx and have Fun!!
Last edited by Justapoke; Jun 17, 2020 at 07:26 PM.
Jun 13, 2020, 12:48 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

Fimi X8 Links and important info!

[Under construction]

Fimi X8 links to important posts / info:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old V1 thread about the Fimi X8 can be found HERE

New (PRE-Owner) thread where to discus ordering and shipping times can be found HERE
(This is hidden for now but will be open soon)

Where to order / discount coupons / Tax free shipping info can be found HERE

Beginners! Is the Fimi X8 for beginners? Yes and NO! Please read: HERE

Shortlist - first setup for flight! - Calibration and Setup - can be found HERE

FIMI X8-SE with Goggles and FPV - can be found HERE

Recommended accessoires / spare parts - can be found HERE

Fimi X8-SE (2018) Firmware versions update sheet by Aiolosimport
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...z4E/edit#gid=0

WARNING!

Extended landing feet:
UPDATE with msg from Fimi: 【Attention】

Please do not equip drone arms with feet extention made by third party.
According to our test, in some cases, it is possible to induce extra vibration with the main fuselage that IMU can't handle,
making the drone enter VPU mode or crash.

Thanks for understanding.

Note: Some still use them, if you do than its at your own risk!

2018 model might have cracks on rear arms: check them regularly when you have the old model!
The problem is very rare however, and Fimi has changed the design / material used for the arms on the 2020 model.

Rear arm fix by Hackra:
Advised to use slow or mid-cure Epoxy glue to attach these to fix any cracks on the back arm close to the motor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackra
So after seeing the pictures with the cracks and the latest crash I decided to come up with a solution...

I whipped up this model in 5 minutes in Tinkercad, I do not have the time or skill to make it perfect, I didn't even print it yet, so not sure how well it fits the arm, but I think this could be easily glued to the arm with epoxy resin/glue an even be used to repair already broken arm....

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4341510

I honestly admit I was inspired by similar design for DJI Mavic, suffering similar cracks and crashes I found on the interwebs....
(See the post for example images)

Last edited by Justapoke; Jun 17, 2020 at 07:08 PM.
Jun 13, 2020, 12:48 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

Fimi X8-SE 2018 / 2020 - Wiki

FIMI X8-SE - WIKI

A lot of info for now can be found in second post v1 thread HERE

Will be expanded and moved to this spot over the coming weeks!

Example:

Range test / Short range problems? - can be found HERE

[Under construction]

1 = Main Features
1.1 What is (or should be) in your package
1.2 Latest version
1.3 Getting Started
1.3.1 Compass calibration
1.3.2 Gimbal Calibration
1.3.3 Return to home altitude, speed limit
1.3.4 General checks before flying
1.3.5 Tests for flight modes
1.4 Flight modes
1.4.1 Low battery
1.4.2 15% Battery level; forced landing
1.5 Range of reception
1.5.1 Used frequencies in MiDrone 4k
1.6 Battery care and flight time
1.7 Known Issues and how to fix them
1.8 F A Q
1.9 Replacement Parts
1.10 Accessories
1.11 Transmitter
1.12 Firmware Installation
1.13 Extras
1.14 Mods
1.15 References
Last edited by Justapoke; Jun 17, 2020 at 07:21 PM.
Jun 13, 2020, 12:50 PM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP

[Moderation reports]

Any moderated / deleted posts will be reported here.

At least those who have strongly abused the V1 thread have a ban here currently - CongratulationS!

Re****1
Ka***r
ekk****r
kr***0
Aa****1

Deleted users V2:

X8*****a https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...&postcount=323

Deleted posts reports:

s***********5 https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=44793925
(Deleted for crossposting)

S***c Weird posts ?? deleted
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...5#post44868065
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...7#post44868127
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post44868143
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...9#post44868269

ze****g Spam post with affiliate link deleted
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...3#post44969933

v0*****th Large part of his posts deleted because he disrupted the thread.
Last edited by Justapoke; Feb 25, 2021 at 02:37 AM.
Jun 13, 2020, 02:08 PM

Thank you!

Thank you very much, this is needed.

/Per
Jun 13, 2020, 03:20 PM
I guess I'll remain hidden until my sentence is up.....
Jun 13, 2020, 03:22 PM

Great Idea

I hope this all works out, much needed.
Jun 13, 2020, 03:35 PM
Thanks for this. Hopefully I'll get my X8 soon and I'll have more to contribute.
Jun 13, 2020, 04:29 PM
I am in for sure, my friend.👍 Thanks for all your effort Justapoke.👌
Jun 13, 2020, 05:18 PM
Thanks Justapoke for creating version 2 thread which you need extreme effort to materialize.
New one would be way better than version 1 as we can exchange the opinion in mutual respect base.

Currently I'm doing some modification of attaching parts to transmitter and will upload in 2-3 days how it works (or not).

Should I post in this new thread or version 1 in 2-3 days’ time span?

Aiolosimport

P.S. I will post in version 1 until you guide all of us to move to version 2.
Last edited by aiolosimport; Jun 13, 2020 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Additional comment of post to version 1.
Jun 13, 2020, 09:57 PM
This is LONG OVER DUE!
Thanks Justapoke.
Jun 13, 2020, 10:07 PM
I'm in as well.
Jun 14, 2020, 07:37 AM
Me Too - Thanks for doing this !
Jun 14, 2020, 08:10 AM
→ 404 Not Found
Thread OP
Thanks guys and welcome!

Better late than never