May 25, 2001, 03:03 PM
Professional Dork
Thread OP
You are correct. The four cells are in a separate pack that is used to charge the airplane. Conversions have been done on the Cox Viper. It's about the same size and has the appearance of a P-51. Do a search on the Viper here and in the foamies section to find more information.
to remove ads between posts
May 26, 2001, 12:28 AM

help converting Cox toy to RC

Hello,

I want to convert this Cox electric UC to RC.
http://www.towerhobbies.com/listings/cat-cat-a.html

I fellow flyer had one and I am trying to get in contact with him but have not had luck yet. He used the Duralite lithium ion 6volt battery packs.

If it is possibly to use NiCad batteries instead with positive results I would rather. It would keep me from having to buy a new charger and the batteries are cheaper. But I still want decent run time.

I am thinking that weight should not be a problem with a 7 or 8 cell nicad pack. It looks like the toy calls for 4 C cells. I would think that even with 3 micro servos, GWS micro RX and ESC I would still be lighter than stock.

Any help is appreciated. Like what motor would I use, or could I use the one that comes with it. Also how many amp ESC would I need?

Thanks,
Kenny
May 26, 2001, 12:33 AM
Oh wait... I bet that the 4 C cells are not in the plane. So weight probably will be an issue...

Quick Reply