Apr 24, 2005, 02:23 PM
Thread OP
Question

What is THE best free plan foamy?

Hi all.

I picked up 2 sheets of 3mm depron today at a show. I need to find out what is THE best foamy downloadable plans that i can get. ive got the stuff from 1 1/2 dead shocks to play with.

Any help much appreciated.
Ian
to remove ads between posts
Apr 24, 2005, 02:44 PM
www.3dfoamy.com has all their plans up for free, you should check em out.
Apr 24, 2005, 03:04 PM
Thread OP
forgot to add, id prefer it to be a bipe, but a mono will do. Also, is there any more unknown 3D plans, ive looked around 3DF and foamy facotry but is there any really good designs by other people? i remembe looking on this forum a long while ago and the "sirrocco" was a big thing, is there any other things like this

my setup will be a PJS 300sfr on 3s kokam 340s
Apr 24, 2005, 03:58 PM
FoamyFactory.com
Do a search for "Troll" or "Troll Bipe" It's for 3mm depron and it rocks! Can't remember the site, but do a search and you'll get the links for the plans download.

Tim H.
Apr 24, 2005, 03:59 PM
Thread OP
hi Tim, i have got that on my PC, how does it fly? is there any vids?
Apr 24, 2005, 04:05 PM
FoamyFactory.com
Lots of videos on the net. Can't remember the links, so do a search here, or on Google. There are a few threads here in 3D Flying on Ezone. LOTS of info... It flies awesome!

Of course, I gotta plug the Mini 3DX... It flies awesome too! Free plans also... Build both!

Tim
Apr 24, 2005, 08:05 PM
The Mini Vertigo Pro is a great plane also, but not a bipe. I built mine with a 24" wingspan and love it. I also have a Foamy Factory Ultimate with about 25" span. Flies nice and good for a beginner. Ailerons needed to be a little wider(cord) to get faster rolls. Here's a pic.

Last edited by hot4teach; Apr 24, 2005 at 08:13 PM.
Apr 24, 2005, 08:17 PM
What's my age again ?!
https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362679 This is a link to the foamy factory 24" ultimate bipe I built. Pretty easy to do - Dirk
Apr 25, 2005, 02:49 AM
24" Bipes do great on 3mm foam and CDR motors... Can't go wrong with that. Tiburon Bipes are fun at 24".... You just gotta scal the plans down to the size.
Apr 25, 2005, 07:28 AM
How do you scale it down Levi? I would love to build one of you Tibs but they are to big for what I have
Apr 25, 2005, 10:22 AM
When you print it, just enter a print scale instead of full size. if your computer can't do that, then take the full size file to Kinkos or a bluprint shop and they'll do it for you for $6-$8

to determine scale use simple formula....

desired wingspan / plans wingspan = scale factor to print
Apr 25, 2005, 12:51 PM
cfw
cfw
fly! be free! uh oh
Mini 3DX is awesome. I scaled down to 26" wingspan, since my depron was only 28" wide. I only fly outdoors, mild breezes.
They also have a free bipe download (look under 3D planes, and scroll down for the free stuff. the bipe plans are for 40" or 23" WS.

www.foamyfactory.com
Apr 25, 2005, 02:01 PM
Thread OP
hi people

ive looked at the troll and it looks good, so i think im going to test that one out. im going to have to make it light because anything over 8oz with my PJS lacks in huge power.

Ian
Apr 25, 2005, 11:00 PM
Just-Fly-It
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dude
forgot to add, id prefer it to be a bipe, but a mono will do. Also, is there any more unknown 3D plans, ive looked around 3DF and foamy facotry but is there any really good designs by other people? i remembe looking on this forum a long while ago and the "sirrocco" was a big thing, is there any other things like this

my setup will be a PJS 300sfr on 3s kokam 340s
I built a modified Sirrocco xlt. Built with full fuse and more carbon fiber. Used stripped signboard. Built with open cocpit and Snoopy pilot. Covered in Ultracoat. Use Ultrafly brushless. Plane flies fantastic. Will not stall, just sinks. No wing rock in harrier. Rolls and spins like mad. Knife edge loops and etc. I like it so much I am scratch building a 39" version in balsa covered in Ultracoat. Hope it flies as well.
Michael
Apr 26, 2005, 02:35 PM
Thread OP
Sounds good Michael. Have any pics?

Heres what ive decided to build, i dont know how well it flys, but i dont care, its beautiful!
THIS!

Ian

Quick Reply