Jun 11, 2020, 05:08 PM
Thread OP
Help!

BetaFPV 95X w/ Caddx Vista - Motors Hot Issue

Appreciate any advice here:

I have built several drones over the years and recently upgraded to DJI goggles and got a good deal on promotion so I got the BetaFPV 95X with the caddx vista with the bundle. The build is not bad but man the motors come down really hot for me, to the point where I can't hold the motors without really wanting to let go.

Link to drone: https://betafpv.com/products/beta95x...31370573840518

Additional details:
1: Using stock props
2: Using 4s GNQ 520mAH batteries (new, very low internal resistance, kept at storage volt)
3: The screws of the motors are not touching the winding
4. using the default CLI from BetaFPV site
5. All 4 motors are hot, but as normal the back motors are hotter; both sides about equal'
6. I do live in TX and yes it is hot but I have flown in my house. The temps are lower but still pretty hot.
7. I am not running this at 75-80% throttle. Even when I just cruise around they come down hot.
8. Average flight time is around 3-3:30. I come down when OSD shows on however around 14.6-14.7. Batteries bounce back to 15.1-15.2.
9. The bells of the motors are really hot but so are the head of the screws underneath the carbon plate. I assume that the heat is just distributed.

I would say overall that the quad feels "heavy" which to me is defined as a combination of the noise and the throttle but I don't have empirical data to back this up. If you aren't familiar, it has props guards and obviously the caddx vista is heavier than comparative analog equipment for this size drone. I am working with BetaFPV but haven't uncovered anything specific.

1. I did some googling, but couldn't establish a definitive answer on how hot is too hot. Any advice?
2. Does anyone else with the drone feel their motors are hot or can comment that in their experience it definitively is not hot?
3. What is the potential long term effect of running motors really hot? just shorter life?

Thanks
to remove ads between posts

Quick Reply