Jul 04, 2020, 06:11 AM
I made a frisky vario which blew away the frsky versions a few years back.
It used a pressure sensor and a gyro accelerometer and combined the out puts for instant vario tones with zero delay.
I also wrote a bit of code to reset the altitude every time I launched my dlg so never needed to reset it manually

Was a little bulky though being arduino diy units and to be honest the instant vario signals weren't all that useful because every bump and change in attitude etc made the vario tones changed.

I think the best bet would be add a air speed sensor on there too, this way the total energy could be calculated and the vario tones might actually only change in rising air, but the delay would be larger still maybe...

This rx looks good enough to be useful though and is nice and compact.
to remove ads between posts
Jul 26, 2020, 11:42 AM
FlyLikeAnEagle-LandLikeADove
If you have voice telemetry it will be telling you the altitude after you plug in the plane. That can be a cue to use a switch to reset it and you will hear the new near zero value.

On my Radian, I have it programmed to reset telemetry as soon as the throttle is switched to active.

Quick Reply