Jun 09, 2020, 10:47 AM
Your trash, my treasure
Thread OP
Help!

Radio master tx16s

Just bought the radio and canít figure out how to make the frsky djt module work. The modules lights do not turn on. Any suggestions?
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2020, 11:13 AM
!= International Arms Dealer
enable the external module and set the type to PPM. Binding etc. will be accomplished by using the F/S button on the back of the module.

question. Is there a reason you're not using the built-in multimodule?
Jun 09, 2020, 11:14 AM
Are you plugging in an external module vs just using the internal? If so you go to the model screen where you name the model, scroll all the way to the bottom and turn on the external RF and select PPM.

Or you could just use the internal one that it came with.
Jun 09, 2020, 11:38 AM
Your trash, my treasure
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioneer_one
enable the external module and set the type to PPM. Binding etc. will be accomplished by using the F/S button on the back of the module.

question. Is there a reason you're not using the built-in multimodule?
Ummm I didn’t know I could. I thought it was there to swap out modules. So how do I do that? I have to redo all my planes?
Jun 09, 2020, 11:39 AM
Your trash, my treasure
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eury
Are you plugging in an external module vs just using the internal? If so you go to the model screen where you name the model, scroll all the way to the bottom and turn on the external RF and select PPM.

Or you could just use the internal one that it came with.
I see someone else said that too. How do I bind it with my rxs?
Jun 09, 2020, 12:26 PM
!= International Arms Dealer
??

OK I think I get what you're asking

is it that your existing planes are already bound to your FrSky DJT module?

If so then enabling external RF and setting it to PPM will activate the module which will continue to work like it did in your (previous) radio. No rebinding will be necessary.

you'll also not have model match or telemetry...

Binding your receivers to the internal module is simple enough. Enable the internal module, set the mode to MULTI (should come up automatically on current Radiomaster or Jumper radios) then set the sub-protocol, options, channel range and receiver number to whatever matches up with the receiver you're using. You then put the receiver in bind mode then select Bind on the transmitter.

(click for jumbo)

In the above example I'd just bound up a Jumper R1 receiver. The mode is MULTI, the subprotocol is FrSky X2, the protocol option is LBT (EU) the channel range is CH1 - CH16, the receiver number is 0
Jun 09, 2020, 03:24 PM
Your trash, my treasure
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by visioneer_one
??

OK I think I get what you're asking

is it that your existing planes are already bound to your FrSky DJT module?

If so then enabling external RF and setting it to PPM will activate the module which will continue to work like it did in your (previous) radio. No rebinding will be necessary.

you'll also not have model match or telemetry...

Binding your receivers to the internal module is simple enough. Enable the internal module, set the mode to MULTI (should come up automatically on current Radiomaster or Jumper radios) then set the sub-protocol, options, channel range and receiver number to whatever matches up with the receiver you're using. You then put the receiver in bind mode then select Bind on the transmitter.

(click for jumbo)

In the above example I'd just bound up a Jumper R1 receiver. The mode is MULTI, the subprotocol is FrSky X2, the protocol option is LBT (EU) the channel range is CH1 - CH16, the receiver number is 0

These are the rxs I have. I canít get it to work

Quick Reply