Aug 12, 2020, 08:32 PM
TEAM PILOT RCFACTORY
Thread OP
definity go for revolto its very unique then all other models lineup from rcfactory a 4s 1300 or 4s 1000mah lipos are way to go

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
to remove ads between posts
Aug 12, 2020, 08:35 PM
TEAM PILOT RCFACTORY
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
Work is chewing me up and spitting me out on a daily basis, but I guess I should feel lucky to still have a job with all the layoffs happening around me.

As for the Revolto, I am sneaking in a few flights a week in the backyard. It’s the “go to” plane for me. Feels like a much larger plane, carries energy well in spins etc and has a locked in feel when you get out in a larger space. I have plans to put a thrashing on mine this Saturday when I can fly it at a bigger space and get some video footage. I just wish RCG had an easier way to post video than uploading and linking to YouTube. FB and instagram is much better.
awsome ! electrich happy to see you fly in video btw mine is in transit and arriving to me soon then i share my build and fly experience excited !!!

Aug 12, 2020, 08:37 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
LOL I was so impressed with 3s, I have not considered 4s setups!

I am interested to see videos but I think I will likely stick to 3s for now... my style tends to fall more on the low and slow side anyway.
Last edited by Vapor Trails; Aug 12, 2020 at 08:45 PM.
Aug 12, 2020, 08:40 PM
TEAM PILOT RCFACTORY
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor Trails
LOL I was so impressed with 3s, I have not considered 4s setups!

I am interested to see videos but I think I will likely stick to 3s for now... my style tends to fall more on the low and slow side anyway.
iam definitely will use 3s for keep the setup lite for nice and gentle 3d.. but there are some fellow team pilots who are using 4s on revolto for some extra punch on it

Aug 12, 2020, 08:47 PM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
I cant wait to see it! These are already rockets!
Aug 12, 2020, 10:58 PM
c/f
c/f
My Revolto is 9oz minus battery, My battery is a 75gram 900MAH 3s,

My flight timer is set to 3:45 which is respectable. I am entertaining going up to 87 grams with a 4s setup. I will drop an inch in prop from the 11X5 to a 10X5 all else remains the same.

I am only thinking of doing this for flight time with better eff of higher voltages, the plane lacks nothing and having a ball.

My Veloxity has now been outfitted with Spread Rectum and handed down to grandsons for dumb thumb recovery skillz training. The Veloxity is not even in the same league with the Revolto , it loses in wingloading, thrust weight, Fuselage twist is not as rigid as Revo, Does not have a full flying stab which requires a more rearward Cg to pull off anything close to the Revo, Full flying Side Force generators are a gamechanger for me, gotta be effortless KE spins on a 900g foamy, batteries cost $15 versus $30, 18 amp ESC versus 45 amp, 65 gram motor versus 110g, Getting the picture ?
Last edited by c/f; Aug 16, 2020 at 11:36 PM. Reason: Weight corrected typo, ounces versus GRAMS
Aug 13, 2020, 12:41 AM
TEAM PILOT RCFACTORY
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by c/f
My Revolto is 900grams minus battery, My battery is a 75gram 900MAH 3s,

My flight timer is set to 3:45 which is respectable. I am entertaining going up to 87 grams with a 4s setup. I will drop an inch in prop from the 11X5 to a 10X5 all else remains the same.

I am only thinking of doing this for flight time with better eff of higher voltages, the plane lacks nothing and having a ball.

My Veloxity has now been outfitted with Spread Rectum and handed down to grandsons for dumb thumb recovery skillz training. The Veloxity is not even in the same league with the Revolto , it loses in wingloading, thrust weight, Fuselage twist is not as rigid as Revo, Does not have a full flying stab which requires a more rearward Cg to pull off anything close to the Revo, Full flying Side Force generators are a gamechanger for me, gotta be effortless KE spins on a 900g foamy, batteries cost $15 versus $30, 18 amp ESC versus 45 amp, 65 gram motor versus 110g, Getting the picture ?
your revolto is 900grams why so heavey ?

Aug 13, 2020, 05:27 PM
OK got it LOL! It will be the Revolto then. This is exactly the info I was hoping to hear! So Now the next question is which power system? I generally see 2 options available for this bird. One with a 2212/1000 motor and a 20 amp esc and the other with a 2217/1170 and a 35 amp esc. No real difference in price for either power system. But I guess if one wants the option to go 4S it’ll have to be the larger system.

QUOTE=c/f;45207243]My Revolto is 900grams minus battery, My battery is a 75gram 900MAH 3s,

My Veloxity has now been outfitted with Spread Rectum and handed down to grandsons for dumb thumb recovery skillz training. The Veloxity is not even in the same league with the Revolto , it loses in wingloading, thrust weight, Fuselage twist is not as rigid as Revo, Does not have a full flying stab which requires a more rearward Cg to pull off anything close to the Revo, Full flying Side Force generators are a gamechanger for me, gotta be effortless KE spins on a 900g foamy, batteries cost $15 versus $30, 18 amp ESC versus 45 amp, 65 gram motor versus 110g, Getting the picture ?[/QUOTE]
Aug 13, 2020, 07:09 PM
I too am interested in the REvolto and wondering which motor is better.
I guess the full flying stab will makes things interesting... 3D newbie here (actually not even newbie....lol)
Aug 13, 2020, 07:22 PM
Totally Twisted
I like the bigger motor because you can never have too much power- can you?
Latest blog entry: Super sized Delta combat wing
Aug 13, 2020, 08:42 PM
Totally Twisted
Playing around with the Revolto. The elevator authority is ridiculous. I need to remember to get some KE spins on video next time.

REVOLTO by RCFactory (3 min 23 sec)
Aug 13, 2020, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by electrich
I like the bigger motor because you can never have too much power- can you?
What size batteries/mah and flight time with this bigger motor? PS,your flying looked really good.
Aug 13, 2020, 09:29 PM
Totally Twisted
3S 850. I Can go wide open for 4 minutes and can push to about 5 if I take it easy. If I were starting from scratch I would probably go with a 1300- it would handle the weight just fine and get more flight time.

Thanks for the complement. It’s weird watching video of yourself flying. I see some habits I need to break to get to the “next level”. I gotta work on my precision game too. But that elevator makes it hard to resist whipping the tail around!
Aug 14, 2020, 01:17 AM
Thanks for the cool video and for the additional info! Love it when you’re flying over the water.... that takes some guts LOL

QUOTE=electrich;45214015]3S 850. I Can go wide open for 4 minutes and can push to about 5 if I take it easy. If I were starting from scratch I would probably go with a 1300- it would handle the weight just fine and get more flight time.

Thanks for the complement. It’s weird watching video of yourself flying. I see some habits I need to break to get to the “next level”. I gotta work on my precision game too. But that elevator makes it hard to resist whipping the tail around![/QUOTE]
Aug 14, 2020, 10:55 AM
DFC~ We Do Flyin' Right
Gnarly flying Rich!

Let me harvest through my videos, I likely have some good KE spins and enough footage to mix into a second video.

Quick Reply