TwistedHobbys/ RcFactory Gee Bee Video

The RC Factory Gee Bee is an extremely agile model, great for park or backyard flying, or even a gym. It has a short fuselage, full flying stab and a huge rudder that allows for a large envelope of maneuvers.

Splash

This Video Makes Me Want This Plane!

The RC Factory Gee Bee is an extremely agile model, great for park or backyard flying, or even a gym. It has a short fuselage, full flying stab and a huge rudder that allows for a large envelope of maneuvers. At half - or less - control throws, the model is tame enough for a pilot of intermediate skills. It has semi scale looks, a typically shaped round cowl and massive functional landing gear that will please every fan of the aviation golden era. I like Gee Bee, but the video below of team pilot Soufian Elmokhtari really brings it home for me. Check out more specs on the plane and watch the video below. You can pick up the Gee Bee for $81.99.

Specifications:

• Wingspan = 32"
  • Length = 26"
  • AUW = 7.2-8.2 oz with LG (depending on power system used)

Recommended Required Components:

• 4x 7g servos (rudder/elevator/ailerons)
  • 24-30g 50-120w Brushless Motor
  • 10-15A ESC
  • 2s or 3s 450-600mah lipo battery
  • 8x4 or 9x4.7 prop
  • Adhesive Glue

Check out the RCGroups Build Thread Here

Check out the TwistedHobbys/ RcFactory Gee Bee Here

Last edited by Jason Cole; Jun 05, 2020 at 11:43 AM..
Jun 05, 2020, 11:19 AM
As always, thank you Jason for sharing these amazing model and design with our awesome community. The Gee Bee can surely be seen as an unusually design and we truly love unique models. I'm still blown away how much enjoyment you can have with one . Enjoy!

Brad
Twisted Hobbys
Jun 06, 2020, 04:50 PM
Same old question, will it perform in a breeze, thank you
Jun 06, 2020, 06:23 PM
I find this general size, style and weight do very well in the wind. Just keep throwing it into the breeze do all your maneuvers, get blown back, U turn. Repeat. Lots of fun, just keep ahead of it and in front of you. Cg on the forward side helps of course too.
Jun 07, 2020, 06:17 AM
Thank you, I have the Veloxity which i fly quite regular in a breeze but i have the Fokker which unless very near calm will get blown all the place. Was told it would fly in a breeze but iam afraid i have to wait for a calm day, pity because when i do fly the Fokker it is a blast but there is more windy days than calm days a lately.
Jun 07, 2020, 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
Same old question, will it perform in a breeze, thank you
Wind can be enjoyable or annoying at times, personally I like a slight steady breeze especially doing rolling circles into. We've noticing some customers are enjoying flight controllers especially flying in more unenjoyable conditions. Aura 5 would is a great options for these smaller models. Gee Bee has heavier wing loading, so very different than the 35" Fokker in that regards also its a mono versus 3 large main wings. The larger Fokker (which I'm assuming you have) could be even classified as being a 3d airplane/kite it fly's so slow . The lil Fokker imo is easier to fly in breezier conditions even though it weighs less. All of the mentioned models are in the 6-10 oz light weight EPP 3D models, they are going to get pushed around in the wind some more than others.
Jun 07, 2020, 08:15 AM
Thank you for your advice. Was in the process of ordering the Gee Bee but the only stockist here in the UK is showing the Gee Bee in stock but not the power set up and with coming from china can not see him having any more stock in the near future with the current situation we are in. Did ask him if he can reccomend a alternative motor and iam waiting for a reply.
Jun 07, 2020, 01:34 PM
Hi, would HS-53 analogue 8g servo be stronger enough for the Gee Bee or stick to digital mg servos. thank you
Jun 12, 2020, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregco10
I find this general size, style and weight do very well in the wind. Just keep throwing it into the breeze do all your maneuvers, get blown back, U turn. Repeat. Lots of fun, just keep ahead of it and in front of you. Cg on the forward side helps of course too.
I agree with you about flying in windy conditions, I live in Ireland where it is frequently very breezy,so there's no point waiting for a calm day. Its a funny thing but the Crack Pitts and the GeeBee are terrific in stiff breezes, they get flung back n you just snap the elevator or rudder (or even close your eyes ,yank some control and hope for the best ' and she swings right back at ya. When the wind is blowing I feel more comfortable flying them than the larger Crack Yak 39" or even the Beaver because they are so light that they take the odd 'smack down' with very little consequences, my yak is way too precious to me to put her in harms way haha. Some of the clips in this video were made when the wind was gusting more than 25 knots,just look at the first few seconds , oh and a little confession about the 'water scenes' - yes she is a very good swimmer, i landed a few times in the drink and with all the f.c. and electronics above wing level i just picked her up and flew on - what a gem
TwistedHobbys GeeBee Super Sportster 32" EPP Plane - Crazy Flying Fun (2 min 10 sec)

I'm currently building the Crack Fokker, so it'll be interesting to see how she handles the wind, maybe i need to be a bit more gentle with that one ...
in the meantime - 'Keep it Twisted - n happy windy flying '
Jun 12, 2020, 05:27 AM
Loved the video!
Jun 12, 2020, 05:51 AM
Hi, great flying. Iam in the process of deciding which twisted model to buy next regarding flying in the wind. Fancied the Big Beaver but seems it is out of stock so was looking at the GeeBee instead. Was also fancing the Mustang racer as well so i might buy both. I also have the Fokker but it does not like a breeze so i put it up for sale but in the meantime we had a calm day so went flying with the Fokker and had so much fun decided to keep it.One good thing or bad which ever way you look at it is that it teaches you how to use rudder, will not turn with ailerons only. Best wishes Glen
Jun 12, 2020, 06:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbees
... i have the Fokker which unless very near calm will get blown all the place. Was told it would fly in a breeze but iam afraid i have to wait for a calm day, pity because when i do fly the Fokker it is a blast but there is more windy days than calm days a lately.
I found my Fokker Tri was great fun in the wind.
Sure , there was a limit of what I could do, but i though it was better than similar size/weight planes in the wind .
Even 1M EPP planes have a limit to what you can do, they all get pushed around a bit

The Twisted Revo is much better in the wind .
Jun 13, 2020, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1101
I found my Fokker Tri was great fun in the wind.
Sure , there was a limit of what I could do, but i though it was better than similar size/weight planes in the wind .
Even 1M EPP planes have a limit to what you can do, they all get pushed around a bit

The Twisted Revo is much better in the wind .
Hi, Took the Fokker down to the field today, Actually there was a slight breeze but still managed 3 flights kept up wind did some aerobatics then let it drift
downwind slightly and then same again. Did actually keep the nose down into to wind and let it drift backwards, great fun. As i said before teaches you to use al controls at the same time.
Jun 20, 2020, 02:28 PM
ooooomy
Last edited by sailr; Jun 25, 2020 at 02:27 PM.
Jun 25, 2020, 02:21 PM
ck1
ck1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailr
High price for a few bits of printed foam.
It's possible that someone has felt similarly about your boats . The great thing is that not one person has forced any of us to purchase a single thing . If we don't like the price we don't have to buy it.
Nuff said.

Quick Reply