Jun 09, 2020, 10:39 PM
Does output off the back of a Gopro work with the new digital HD FPV transmitters?

I would be game for some hypersmooth HD FPV.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 09, 2020, 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuiperJ
Does output off the back of a Gopro work with the new digital HD FPV transmitters?

I would be game for some hypersmooth HD FPV.
That should be for fixed wing..
I did a gimbal stabilised RC2 on one of my large quadcopters once... that caused many omg moments, you effectively disconnect from fundamental piloting feedback about the aircraft attutude and find yourself pulling some wild unintended moves.. needless to say I went back to fixed fpv cam.. lol
Jun 09, 2020, 11:37 PM
Is there a known fix/workaround for the bug whereby the camera shuts down mid-flight while in FPV Video mode? My cam records the first 2-3 videos just fine, about 3 minutes each, then subsequently stops mid-flight after recording for about 1 minute. It is aggravating.
Jun 10, 2020, 04:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattleite09
Is there a known fix/workaround for the bug whereby the camera shuts down mid-flight while in FPV Video mode? My cam records the first 2-3 videos just fine, about 3 minutes each, then subsequently stops mid-flight after recording for about 1 minute. It is aggravating.
Without trying to teach granny to suck eggs, are you allowing enough cooling time between flights?
Jun 10, 2020, 11:32 AM
Are we not men? We are DEVO!
There really is no reason why the gyro (AND filtering!) data from a blackbox couldn't be used to do the same magic that insta360, GP/RSG does, at least in post.
There was some mention of it on github a while back, but it didn't get any real attention from any interested coders so it died.

being able to smooth out any cams image by using the data from your FC would be a game changer. Shoot, the additon of having all the dynamic filter info should theoretically allow it to be better than GP or 360 go is with just their on-cam sensors.
Jun 10, 2020, 01:17 PM
I'm glad to see this thread because I'm considering getting one of these. Since we're comparing to gopro, have you guys seen betafpv's kit to make a stripped down gopro 6/7 28grams? I just got it but haven't stripped the gopro down yet. It made sense for me cuz I had a gopro 6 that i'm willing to risk. Results will probably be better image quality but not as stable as the insta360.
Jun 10, 2020, 04:29 PM
Gp 7 doesn't work well with RSGo.
6 black and 8 do. (Sadly it's FB knowledge that RCG doesn't want us to freely share )
Jun 10, 2020, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehelidude
I'm glad to see this thread because I'm considering getting one of these. Since we're comparing to gopro, have you guys seen betafpv's kit to make a stripped down gopro 6/7 28grams? I just got it but haven't stripped the gopro down yet. It made sense for me cuz I had a gopro 6 that i'm willing to risk. Results will probably be better image quality but not as stable as the insta360.
That's interesting. So I read that then searched eBay for a 6 to strip as that model is recommended for Reelsteady go. Damn things seem to fetch the same price as 7's, even some 8's. Factor in the cost of RSG, and it becomes extremely expensive.

Daft thought. What weight a naked Insta360 go? Good luck with your project.
Jun 10, 2020, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
There really is no reason why the gyro (AND filtering!) data from a blackbox couldn't be used to do the same magic that insta360, GP/RSG does, at least in post.
There was some mention of it on github a while back, but it didn't get any real attention from any interested coders so it died.

being able to smooth out any cams image by using the data from your FC would be a game changer. Shoot, the additon of having all the dynamic filter info should theoretically allow it to be better than GP or 360 go is with just their on-cam sensors.
Wow! Surprised no one took that on.
Jun 10, 2020, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Potatoes
Wow! Surprised no one took that on.
To say its resource hungry is the understatement of the year. It even bogs my PC down in post production at just 1080. Real time needs some pretty impressive processor power. No 72mHz 32bit stuff.
Jun 10, 2020, 07:38 PM
using BB data would have the advantage of knowing all the rpm filtering data, which might make it far less intensive on hardware. also a BB based cam stabilizer would only be geared for FPV, so no need to bog down the algorithms with stabilizing walking, ruining, bikes, pets, skiing, motor cars ect.

all the best data AND able to focus on a very specific type of video stabilizing.

IMO this is not a question of if, but when.
Jun 10, 2020, 08:14 PM
Yeah, the rate of incremental improvement is not slowing at all. The benefit is we'll get such perfect video so easily and so cheap.. the downside is all our current gear will become junk by comparison...
Jun 11, 2020, 06:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xanuser
using BB data would have the advantage of knowing all the rpm filtering data, which might make it far less intensive on hardware. also a BB based cam stabilizer would only be geared for FPV, so no need to bog down the algorithms with stabilizing walking, ruining, bikes, pets, skiing, motor cars ect.

all the best data AND able to focus on a very specific type of video stabilizing.

IMO this is not a question of if, but when.
All above my pay grade, but would the movements sensed by the fc, which is usually in the centre of the model so that motion is rotational, translate to an hd cam perched on top and near the front?
Jun 11, 2020, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Potatoes
All above my pay grade, but would the movements sensed by the fc, which is usually in the centre of the model so that motion is rotational, translate to an hd cam perched on top and near the front?
I made a single axis stabiliser once for a Mobius camera using a KK quadcopter stabiliser and a high speed servo. that did a pretty good job at keeping the horizon level and smooth, and it was ancient technology by today's standard.
I should revisit that actually..
Jun 11, 2020, 02:29 PM
fly by night
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicecooper
I made a single axis stabiliser once for a Mobius camera using a KK quadcopter stabiliser and a high speed servo. that did a pretty good job at keeping the horizon level and smooth, and it was ancient technology by today's standard.
I should revisit that actually..
as you probably know this is built into iNav these days. I put together a roll/tilt gimbal to use the iNav CAMSTAB output, but haven't tried it yet as it only fits big planes and I mainly fly small ones. However Kuiper built in a nano camera with roll stability using CAMSTAB on his Nanogoblin:

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...postcount=4676

Quick Reply