Jun 04, 2020, 03:38 PM
Thread OP
Discussion

Radiomaster TX16S Owner's Thread

This is a new thread started for owners of the Radiomaster TX16S radio.

Please make posts related to helpful information for users of the Radiomaster TX16S radio.

If you want to start an argument, please go elsewhere. Thanks in advance.

DO CALIBRATE THE VOLTAGE METER OF THE RADIO! (Will add video ASAP)

Official information and reference
Useful add-ons (no mods)
Informal and incomplete Mods list!!

High-quality alternative reference parts for upgrades or maintenance:
  • Potentiometer for sliders and front knobs: Alps RK09K113004U
  • Scroll wheel encoder: Alps EC10E1220503

Useful Videos to learn
Opening text plagiarized from jokeane Jumper's T16 OP
Last edited by brunofporto; Aug 28, 2020 at 05:06 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Jun 04, 2020, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brunofporto
It is about time!
T16s not T15 correct it please.
Jun 04, 2020, 03:43 PM
KC
KC
Registered Loiterer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by uragano47812
T16s not T15 correct it please.
Its actually TX16S. Lol.
Jun 04, 2020, 03:44 PM
Thread OP

List o Mods

This post will be a list of known mods for the TX16S.

Ill add the links when I stumble onto them and preferably when you point them please!

Dedicated Radiomaster TX16s Hardware Hacks thread

Yes, the Jumper's T16 folding handle does fit the TX16S. Here is a store link for reference.

DIY Slider upgrade for RadioMaster TX16S

Speaker mod (40mm, 3W 8 Ohm fit!)
New 3D Printed Sliders
Replace springs with FrSky's stiffer ones
Teflon throttle mod for extra smoothness
scroll wheel Friction mod
Radiomaster TX16S bluetooth audio mod
enable external R9M ACCESS protocol
SI and SJ PushButton add-on mod
Speaker Volume Limited by Holes!
Slider and pot mod o-ring
GPS Mod (future feature of OpenTX)
Gimbal camber-convergence

To do list of things I'll add soon
  • how to add removable antenna with and without 3d printed cover

* I'll look for the mods mentioned on this thread and the main product thread to fill this post ASAP. But also please give suggestions you already know
Last edited by brunofporto; Aug 28, 2020 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Mod to be a mod list!
Jun 04, 2020, 03:46 PM
Thread OP
Sorry.
Jun 04, 2020, 03:55 PM
I am an official owner. Just wish I bought my batteries sooner. Batteries get here on Saturday - in 2 days so I have just been flicking buttons like an idiot. My wife is just laughing at me.
Jun 04, 2020, 04:05 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by miles2912
I am an official owner. Just wish I bought my batteries sooner. Batteries get here on Saturday - in 2 days so I have just been flicking buttons like an idiot. My wife is just laughing at me.
I know the feeling... The lucky part is that I recently moved from Brazil to Portugal and my wife is not here yet to laugh at me rolling the dead scroll wheel when it arrived.
Jun 04, 2020, 05:08 PM
Got mine today, great so far, feels great in the hand, works well with my Jumper R8 including Pixhawk telemetry with Yaapu.

having a charging issue where it stops at 7.5v, but we'll see how it goes. I've got the official battery as well, but will double check with some 18650's.
Jun 04, 2020, 07:29 PM
Gliders ain't drones!
Yay! Rid of the 50 pages of "when's my delivery?"

-= Dave
Jun 05, 2020, 03:23 AM
Thread OP
I am having a small "issue". After carefully calibrating the analog controls they all work very good but for one little detail: The right gimbals have a small deviation of the roll axis when at the low left corner.

I'll open later today to check if there is any wire or mechanical reason for this but for now is there anyone else with the same behavior?

It is a no issue in practice but if is solvable is nice to have it registered here.
Jun 05, 2020, 04:38 AM
Quote:
I am having a small "issue". After carefully calibrating the analog controls they all work very good but for one little detail: The right gimbals have a small deviation of the roll axis when at the low left corner.

I'll open later today to check if there is any wire or mechanical reason for this but for now is there anyone else with the same behavior?

It is a no issue in practice but if is solvable is nice to have it registered here.
maybe it can be resolved enabling ADC but...for example, who flies with betaflight 4.2, it'll not the best thing to do 'cause it "level" the sticks resolution.
Last edited by Pozzix; Jun 05, 2020 at 05:58 AM.
Jun 05, 2020, 07:44 AM
Quote:

I have this issue too.
I conpensate this in model config -> Mixes in open tx
Jun 05, 2020, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic_one
I have this issue too.
I conpensate this in model config -> Mixes in open tx
Yes, i also notice this, but it is only a deviation of 1, not more. Nothing i can feel in flight
Jun 05, 2020, 10:35 AM
Has anybody had a problem with the battery backup system (e.g. date, time, etc)?
Jun 05, 2020, 11:09 AM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mccolld1
Has anybody had a problem with the battery backup system (e.g. date, time, etc)?
Not that I am aware off. But it seems to be a standard lithium battery - just swap for a new one and the issue should go.

Quick Reply