Apr 22, 2005, 01:06 PM
Tight is Right
Thread OP
Alert

Utah County Flying Schedule

Just a thread to keep track of where and when we will be meeting up next in the Utah County area. If you plan to join in, here's a list of Channels used by the group "regulars". These are not channel "dibs", but a way to increase safety flying in larger groups.

Always call your channel before turning on to ensure no unlisted channels are in use. New pilots using any of these channels are always welcome! We work around conflicts.

Channel List (Updated 2/20/06)

11 Bus
12 Lee's Family
13 Andrew
14 Lee's Family
15 Jeff
17 Lee's Family
18 Arrow
20 Jeff
21 Jim
22 Jon Primary
26 Tim (Unicorn)
27 Jared
28 Joe
31 Kent
33 Darren's Primary (Unicorn, Biplane, Aerobatic)
35 Jared (Unicorn)
36 Lee's Family
40 Arrow
42 Todd
43 Ryan
44 Jake #2 (Unicorn)
50 Jeff
52 Chad
57 Greg
58 Darren's Dad (Unicorn)/Kevin
59 Tony (Unicorn, Corsair, B-17, Slow Stick), Kevin
60 Darren & Christian EDF channel
Last edited by Darren Hintze; Mar 16, 2006 at 07:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Apr 22, 2005, 03:53 PM
Tight is Right
Thread OP
I had a nice fly with Jon this afternoon at lunch. We are both in for tomorrow and planning on a little Slow Stick combat to add to the fun.

Assuming the dolly works, the Sniper will be going up tomorrow for flight number two.

I'll still have my dad's Wild Wing, a Unicorn, and hopefully the Bipe will be ready for tomorrow as well (still have some LG modification to complete).

Darren
Apr 22, 2005, 05:56 PM
Utah Flyers
Ill be there with my little son with Slow Stick and Wing. See ya there!
Apr 22, 2005, 06:30 PM
Full disclosure, not sponsored
So what is plan "B" should the evil Soccer Empire be present @ PGJHS????
Apr 22, 2005, 11:01 PM
Hit Me! Please!
I'm planning on PG at 10 on Saturday. See ya there.
Apr 22, 2005, 11:15 PM
Wish I could be with you guys Saturday, but I really have to get my gear for the Show Team in order. So I will be in Grantsville, working with my "other" planes.
Have fun.

Talking about the Show Team. How many of you can paticipate ??
Apr 22, 2005, 11:58 PM
Tight is Right
Thread OP
I think we have a couple more weeks before soccer, but the Jr High by Burgess park was open last year through August. There is a lot of space around there.

I'm planning on PG, I may be there closer to 10:30 because I'm taking the kids out to breakfast tomorrow early. On the flightline tomorrow will be:

Uber F-16
A-10
Pitts Bipe
Wild Wing
Unicorn
Slow Stick
and yes,
Sniper
Apr 23, 2005, 12:24 AM
Corn-holio
Man Darren you need to start charging admission!

Ill be there tomorrow too.

Todd, if you are listening I told your wife I would let her know if Ginger was comming tomorrow and it looks like she will.
Apr 23, 2005, 01:15 AM
More Combat Please!
I'm not sure if I'll be there Saturday morning. We have family over and may head out to do some ATV'ing. If not, I'll show up. Been training Shauna's father on his Wild Wing. Andrew's ready to solo his brushless wild wing.

I'll let Shauna know Ginger's flying, Jared.
Apr 23, 2005, 08:35 PM
Tight is Right
Thread OP
What a spectacular day of flying despite the Lacrosse today.

As usual, I began with a few warm-up A-10 flights. Jon already had the sky warm with his Switchback. After a few quick EDF flights, Jon, Eric (Jon's friend, I think I got the name right) and I started into some Slow Stick streamer combat.

Now that was a riot. It's a bit different feeling flying combat with streamers and trying NOT to hit planes. We managed a few cuts, and a few crashes. Nate joined in just long enough to annoy the Lacrosse team as much as they were annoying us.

Then it was time for the Wild Wings. I have to admit I don't like Wild Wing combat as much as I do Unicorn combat. It's just too hard to get those small wings together. I miss the violence. And of course flying my dad's wing I have to deal with throws that are this side of sanity, which isn't much fun for me. I did manage to connect lightly with Jared once and Chad and I hit pretty hard.

Finally the day ended with Sniper flight number II. The dolly was a nice try, but I'm afraid unless I can find a way to get it to rotate with the plane then detatch, it's not going to work. But with a good bungee launch, the Sniper was sailing through the air again. I really need to get it radared.

The only planes in the squadron that didn't go up were the Pitts and the Unicorn. The Pitts because the landing strip was in use until it was Sniper time, and the Unicorn because I ran out of time.

Hopefully we got some good video of the day. I think we have a few sources for the Slow Stick combat... and Chad did his best to follow the Sniper around.

Thanks everyone! Next possible day for me is Wed at 3pm. I'm out of town next Thurs and Fri.

For next Saturday, do we want to try PG one last time or head to Burgess?

Darren
Apr 23, 2005, 11:58 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
There was a nice jacket left at PGJH. I don't know if it was one of ours but it is green/black and says Greg on the tag. I snagged it and will take it next week to the Saturday flying at PGJH. PM me if you know who it belongs to. There was a lot of trash on that field. Most of it wasn't ours but a little of it was. My boys and I did a partial clean up but it still needs work.

Best hit of that day was my son Richard knocking my WW into the ground hard enough it bounced. Some how I got it under control and flew for another minute before the prop broke. Fun flying day. Proud of my boys and their flying especially the younger one who is barely 14. He flew the whole day without supervision or a buddy cord in heavy traffic. His plane is under powered and takes more effort to fly than one that is over-powered.

We need a frequency board. We have to figure out a way that a person is not staying just for the board. Most people only stay part of the day and want to take their frequency board home when they go. Any ideas?

Lee
Apr 24, 2005, 12:37 AM
Tight is Right
Thread OP
The guys at Falcon park use a little white board. They have a channel list, you go write your name on your channel. But the board will go with whomever brings it. It's best to keep calling out channels even with the channel board.

Darren
Apr 24, 2005, 11:53 AM
Unless you can mount it permanently, there is no way you will allways have the board there. Hence, whoever does have the board, must be there first thing and leave last.

Mutual cooperation works best, if you have a close knit group. You guys should have no problems. Looking at the list of channels listed by Darren, does help determining which channels will be free. When planning on flying, use the forum to check who will be there and list your self also. Then you would know if there would be a problem.
Apr 25, 2005, 10:58 AM
Utah Flyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren Hintze
What a spectacular day of flying despite the Lacrosse today.

As usual, I began with a few warm-up A-10 flights. Jon already had the sky warm with his Switchback. After a few quick EDF flights, Jon, Eric (Jon's friend, I think I got the name right) and I started into some Slow Stick streamer combat.

Now that was a riot. It's a bit different feeling flying combat with streamers and trying NOT to hit planes. We managed a few cuts, and a few crashes. Nate joined in just long enough to annoy the Lacrosse team as much as they were annoying us.
Yeah I was really shaken up flying combat for my first time and also trying to keep an eye on my son. How embarasing losing the ss in the lacrosee field. I need to invest in a dual conversion rx I have a bluebird rx on my wing and with all the flyers anytime it got close to someones radio it went haywire. It was fun but I just was to nervous. Im excited to see some of that slow stick video.
Apr 26, 2005, 02:07 PM
Lee
Lee
PERFECT LANDING !!!
Is there going to be lacrosse Saturday AM at PGJH? What time should we go?

Is it time to switch back to Burgess? Ias there someone who can check the Burgess field so we know it is available?

Who can fly Wed, Thurs, Fri, Sat and what times? I can work my day around flying schedules most of the time.

Lee

Quick Reply