Mini TS80 USB-C Programmable Soldering Iron

There's a lot of tools you may want to bring to the field for a day of flying, but one that most don't think about is a soldering iron.

Splash

Great for Soldering at the Field

There's a lot of tools you may want to bring to the field for a day of flying, but one that most don't think about is a soldering iron. If a wire breaks it doesn't have to end your fun as long as you have some solder and an iron handy. Some fields have AC power, but most probably don't, but there are DC powered irons available and even butane gas powered irons for field soldering.

This soldering iron uses a USB type C cable with input ranges from 3.6V to 12V, but you would need to make sure your battery or supply has the proper output power and voltage. You can see the input sources needed in the specifications posted below. It's a nice looking iron and won't take up much room in your field box or tool kit. What I really like about it, unlike most field soldering irons, is that it has adjustable temperature with an OLED screen for displaying the info. That's great for getting the right temp for the job so you don't overheat anything. If you don't already have a field soldering iron, you can check this one out at the link below.

Specifications:

• Temperature Range: 100℃ to 400℃ (Max)
  • Power Input: 3.6V-6.5V/3A, or 6.5V-9V/2A, or 9V-12V/1.5A ~ (QC 3.0)
  • Data/Power Interface: USB Type-C
  • Temperature stability: 3%
  • Display: OLED
  • Control part: Length 95.5mm, Diameter: 13mm
  • Heating part: Length: 60+40mm, Diameter: 10.6mm
  • TS80 Controller Weight: 36.5g
  • Certifications: CE, FCC

See the Mini TS80 USB-C Programmable Soldering Iron Here

Jun 02, 2020, 09:22 AM
AMA # L576
Darn. Sold out.
Jun 05, 2020, 06:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vhoward1122
Darn. Sold out.
Amazon has them.
Jun 09, 2020, 10:15 AM
Max is 752 deg F - I run my bench iron at 780 deg F, so this iron would be at max for soldering most of the time. OK for small jobs in the field (broken wire etc). 3S/ 5000 Lipo.
Jun 09, 2020, 10:18 AM
I think the Dremel Butane is a better deal (it can do 1200deg)- except I don't yet trust a butane tool in my trunk- probably ok in our climate but not in the West like Arizona.

Quick Reply